New Rifle Build..

Rustystud

The below rifle is a Gary Elisio E1 with a New Pierce Target Action sporting a 31.25" Broughton barrel in 6mmBRX. It is a switch barrel rifle and has a 6mmXC and 6.5 X .284 barrel.

6mmBRXE101.jpg

6mmBRXE1.jpg

Cehand6BRXTarget-1.jpg

Rustystud

Last edited:
Sweet looking rifle, even my wife likes it. The color that is.
Good luck with it!
vinny

My girl like it to. She likes the green. Is that the trick to new guns? green?

These tube guns are hot stuff - especially for those of us used to shooting the AR platform in HP matches. Take any round action that fits and put it into one of these sleeves, and you're increasing the action's rigidity - just like back in the days when many BR shooters were doing the same thing with 700s & 40Xs before custom actions became widely available. I guess the kits are still a good value, considering all the parts that come with them. The last imported f-glas prone stock I bought for my own use ran over $800, even with a dealer discount.

And if the green rifles attract female participants to the sport, let's have more green rifles!

Where can you

get on of these style sleeves or setup for a Rem 700

Next generation of rifles..

German S:

Thank you for the complement, we cross paths over the internet, your being on the left side and my being on the right side of the continent puts a lot of distance between us. Hopefully we will get the chance to meet and maybe squad together on the line. We have many common interest an I am always learning from others.

The single shot ARs, Tubb 2000s, MAKs, and Gary Elisios rifles all are moving longrange and cross the course rifles away from wood. I was surprised who well they shoot. I have one ordered for myself and may get several for different applications and disciplines.

Good Shooting and have a great 2009.

Nat Lambeth

Nat,
Is the Scope base Elisio or who made it? I assume that it has a larger radius than a standard base because of the larger diameter of the sleeve.

James

Scope Bases

Chisolm:

The scope base on this E1 was made by Gary Eliso to fit his tube stock.

It is very well machined.

I have not seen the S1 it should be delivered in the near future.

I am looking to see if I can adapt a Chris Self Gantry Base to my personal gun.

I would suggest contacting Gary directly he answerers his own phone and returns call of his voice mail. Really great guy to deal with.

Nat

Back