NEW Nightforce 15-55 x 52 Comp Scope

shinny

Shinny
Has anyone read any reviews on this scope?

If so where did you locate them?

Also, if anyone has used one, what are your observations?
:confused:

Has anyone read any reviews on this scope?

If so where did you locate them?

There was a discussion this month located here: New-NF-15-55X52-Competition-scope

I've also done an evaluation a while back when one was sent to me for that purpose. The pic below illustrates how I compare scopes in my tunnel using one of two rail-guns with various optical mounting choices. This pic was the only one I had handy and shows a NF 12x-42x Br with a March 40x.

I usually track the scopes being reviewed against a target grid downrange and either live fire or simulate recoil with a rubber mallet. I compared the new NF with a March 10x-60x, March 40x, and a NF 12x-42x BR. It's a very nice unit and I may buy one in the future.

Landy

ScopeComparison_zps6157ca4a.jpg

I shot a couple of 600 yard prone matches this past weekend with one mounted on my rifle. The image is crystal clear, I could see the pasters (they were slightly off color from the target black) on the target with the magnificatioon set at 55X. Tracking was positive, without backlash. On the second day we had a pretty good mirage running so I turned the magnification down to 45X and was able to see the rings and numbers on the target to use for hold offs. I'm using the DDR recticle, no issues with the dot obscuring the "X" ring.

I have one that was sent to me for evaluation. It is everything that the NF folks claim it to be. I have shot it on both my PPC and Dasher. I wish that I could afford to keep it. James
2rdg2gx.jpg

29qfnf9.jpg

I think Donald Trump has one; maybe a report from him will be posted.:D

I shot a couple of 600 yard prone matches this past weekend with one mounted on my rifle. The image is crystal clear, I could see the pasters (they were slightly off color from the target black) on the target with the magnificatioon set at 55X. Tracking was positive, without backlash. On the second day we had a pretty good mirage running so I turned the magnification down to 45X and was able to see the rings and numbers on the target to use for hold offs. I'm using the DDR recticle, no issues with the dot obscuring the "X" ring.

Sounds promising! I hope to have one next week!

Back