New Hogdon Powder

New Hodgdon powder

The Hodgdon website had a tantalizing article on this new powder and I'm waiting to try some in a .243 AI.
Chino69

Jerry,
Did you do any more testing with the 100V in the 243?
No. I did shoot some in the 6BR and it was a bit slow with heavy bullets for that cartridge but there is a lot of difference in case capacity between the 243 Win and the 6BR. I passed the rest of it off to John Lewis to test in a 308 Win but that was a few years ago so I don't remember how it came out. It should be very close in performance to H4831 and for what it did in the 6BR I'd guess it would be cleaner than 4831.

Jerry, I bought a can at Mahoneys in Johnson City, and tried it in a 6.5-284 norma. It betters a R-17 load just a little. Same amount of powder with a 140 A-Max gave me 20fps more speed. Groups were about the same.

Hodgdon has load data in their newest manual, for several different rounds using Hybrid 100 V...Haven,t had a chance to do much testing with it yet.

Larry

Jerry, I bought a can at Mahoneys in Johnson City, and tried it in a 6.5-284 norma. It betters a R-17 load just a little. Same amount of powder with a 140 A-Max gave me 20fps more speed. Groups were about the same.

Hodgdon has load data in their newest manual, for several different rounds using Hybrid 100 V...Haven,t had a chance to do much testing with it yet.

Larry
Larry, when did you buy the Hybrid 100V at mahoneys or Wideners??? What I gave to John, Hodgdon had sent direct to me.
I just tried to call him and he is at Cherokee...shooting the 100V?? Dunno. I'll try to get the lot # of that can for you......sometime.

He has an email account he never looks at and a cell phone he never turns on...go figger.

I can assure you though that can of powder was not what he shot the 600 yard record of 0.408" at Oak Ridge.....but, it was with a barrel Jim and I salvaged!!!

I said I gave that to John a few years ago, it must have been last year.

Jerry,,,I bought the can of Hybrid 100 V aat Mahoneys close to three weeks ago. Was looking for some of it and called around aand Mahoneys had it, so my wife and I rode over to J C and spent the day. By the way, the lot# on my can is 1022411 59.

I think Wideners had it as well, but But their two hour time frame for pick-ups is not convient for me.

From what I understand it is on the market now.

Larry

Jerry,,,I bought the can of Hybrid 100 V aat Mahoneys close to three weeks ago. Was looking for some of it and called around aand Mahoneys had it, so my wife and I rode over to J C and spent the day. By the way, the lot# on my can is 1022411 59.

I think Wideners had it as well, but But their two hour time frame for pick-ups is not convient for me.

From what I understand it is on the market now.

Larry
John shot some in a 308W and it is a bit slow for that cartridge, more like 4350.
Yes it is on the market now.

Back