New Eley Edge and Match

UH-OH.

I got 2 bricks of Edge (untried whatsoever) and both my "good" 22's are Win52D chambered.. IIRC that is a itsy bit shorter chamber.
better check them tonight.
edit, chamber OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had both high hopes and doubts about this ammo when I heard it had an "innovation" that is supposed to be make the powder burn more consistent. The doubts came from learning that it was only applied to their 3rd rated ammo. If it was such a great innovationI it would have been applied to Tenex and Match. Maybe this is "New Coke" marketing to get us all to shoot only Tenex. Makes one wonder what market Eley envisioned for this stuff.

I and other shooters that I have been talking to are concerned about the future of our sport with all the ammo issues we are experiencing. This whole hoarding craze won't last forever but I have something for the ammo sellers/distributers to think about: If you don't take care of your regular customer base now, you may not have one when all this nonsense ends.

Edge Works In Factory Remington 37

It might work good in the older rifles or if a lad does their own barrels, cut a longer chamber.

I think Pete is onto something, read on...

Right, so we had the Club Level .22 Benchrest match yesterday. The wind was 15 to 18 MPH with higher gusts, and some letups. I didn't have time to set up and work w/ Edge before the match, so I shot another gun and ammo. I won the match! But I degress :)

Even though conditions were deplorable, I decided to try Edge after the match in a Classic Remington 37 w/ Unertl 36X Programmer. It took just a few clicks on the Unertl to bring Edge to zero (see the S sighter bull for first shot.) It was too windy to try for group, so I went for one of our match score targets. 50 yard shooting. Note: I chambered a round and extracted it. there was no issue on extraction.

Check out the target! Ya, I can work w/ edge :t :) :cool:

Edgea_zpsda6447dd.jpg

Edgeb_zps950762c4.jpg

Edgec_zpsdc8deaf9.jpg

Back