New 600 yd. light gun record...........

Rich De

While the conditions were hot and humid today at Piedmont and the winds were quite favorable, Sam Hall took advantage and shot a .686" new light gun group along with a perfect 50 score. I think this also bests Larry Isenhour's .9" with a perfect 50??? I was two benches away on the same relay and could only muster a 2.008" group![:rolleyes: Congratulations Sam, you work hard at the game and were rewarded! Sam also won the light gun group agg.
Henry Rivers took the heavy gun agg for both group and score. But watch out for Terry Brady...........He had a four shot group probably in the .4" area with the fifth shot to make it 1.001". Sam........................He is knocking on your door:D I am sure pictures will follow. As a saw several snapping away!
Rich De

George ,
I heard some of the guys told Henry that they were holding the match on the third Saturday next month instead of the second Saturday.

Rodney

Rich, it was definitely HOT & HUMID. Match went well, I think. I hope everybody had fun. Congrats to Sam and Henry.
Andrew

Sam,
Great shooting. The small group record, has been one that you did not have, but you have it now. Great shooting. Do you hold all the records no? What did you shoot it with?

Mark Schronce

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 404
Hey Rich,

Henry won Heavy Gun for group and agg but I slipped past him to win score.

Record

Sam
Congratulations on the record great shooting

Mike

So lets here what his set up was so we can all go out and get the same stuff! LOL!! I hear he is shooting a fixed leupold 40x now, and brux barrels. any thruth to that? Great shooting! was he shooting a BRX???

Thanks guys for the congrats!
Paul at 6mmBR.com will have a full story-maybe by tonight.
I was shooting a 6 Dasher, Krieger 1-8. .237 bore. 29 inches w/ a Vias brake. Berger 105VLD's jumped 40 thou. off the lands. Yes, you read that right. A light dose of N-203B. Lapua brass of course turned to .266 in a .268 neck chamber with .124 freebore (Kiff reamer). BAT MB dual port, Shehan ST-1000 fiberglass, Leupold 40x comp.
I was about to get discouraged this year. Terry Brady and I were talking about being "has beens" after Henry River just showed us up in HG. This record gave me new hope for the season. What is ironic is that I thought my 3rd target was going to be better that the world record 4th target. The condition did not change on the 3rd target and I thought I handled the rifle better on it. Sometimes, you can't explain it, but everything goes just right.
Samuel Hall

Piedmont 600 YDS

Way to go Sam another one, thats great, always have fun shooting with you and Terry and the rest of the group up there. Bunch of good people and Tommy and all the help does a great job also. Good shooting to all the winners!!!

HUMBLE HENRY:D:D

Piedmont......meeting place of the Big Dawgs!!!!! I`d pay admission to come and watch somethime.

Last edited:
That's OK. The first results were posted wrong. I was surprised to.

Greg

Back