New 100 yard club record set at Riverside Gun Club

jmatt

Congratulations to club member Doug Paschall for shooting the first perfect match in club history. 500 - 50X!
The Top 4 shooters:
Doug Paschall 100-10 100-10 100-10 100-10 100-10 = 500-50x Winner/Record
Chip Graham 100-10 100-8 100-10 100-9 100-10 = 500-47x
Charlie Hall 100-9 100-9 100-9 100-10 100-8 = 500-45x
Terry Holladay 100-9 100-9 100-10 100-9 100-8 = 500-45x

You know its a tough day when you shoot a 45X and tie for 3rd!

and where is the river side gun club ?

YOU GUYS ALWAYS ASSUME EVERYONE
KNOWS WHERE EVERY CLUB IS it ain't so.

Congratulations to club member Doug Paschall for shooting the first perfect match in club history. 500 - 50X!
The Top 4 shooters:
Doug Paschall 100-10 100-10 100-10 100-10 100-10 = 500-50x Winner/Record
Chip Graham 100-10 100-8 100-10 100-9 100-10 = 500-47x
Charlie Hall 100-9 100-9 100-9 100-10 100-8 = 500-45x
Terry Holladay 100-9 100-9 100-10 100-9 100-8 = 500-45x

You know its a tough day when you shoot a 45X and tie for 3rd!

Congratulations Doug on your perfect score, excellent shooting.

I'm a member of Riverside Gun Club, it's located in Richfield, NC. We shoot in an old chicken house (it's the old Tuckertown Barn that some old timers may be familiar with). The guys there are outstanding shooters and it's quite an accomplishment just to win a monthly match. Doug has been close to a perfect score several times with 49x. Nice to see he got them all this time. The scores "look odd" because the club recently went with a new target design to cut down on target changing.

The target is a club target that uses the 100 yard IBS score target rings and scoring format. Shooting indoors can be quite challenging and this is a great accomplishment by Doug.

We also shoot monthly rimfire matches at Riverside. The other "Barn" in Norwood, NC is the one that is rimfire only and holds the big sanctioned indoor rimfire matches.

The target is a club target that uses the 100 yard IBS score target rings and scoring format. Shooting indoors can be quite challenging and this is a great accomplishment by Doug.

We also shoot monthly rimfire matches at Riverside. The other "Barn" in Norwood, NC is the one that is rimfire only and holds the big sanctioned indoor rimfire matches.

While Congratulations are in order, for the range record, are you shooting two shots per bull?:confused: Just curious, as a"possible" on either the IBS/NBRSA 100 Yd. target would be
250-25X, with 25 "wipe-outs". RG

Last edited:
While Congratulations are in order, for the range record, are you shooting two shots per bull?:confused: Just curious, as a"possible" on either the IBS/NBRSA 100 Yd. target would be
250-25X, with 25 "wipe-outs". RG

Nothing crazy about the scoring, it's 1 shot per bull, not 2 shots per bull. Inner ring is 10 points with dot an "x". The match is ten targets (50 bulls). Ten shots per relay is why the scores show as 100-10x.

The club target scoring rings are the same dimensions as the IBS target.

Don't use all of the outer rings in order to fit 2 five bull targets on the backer. Cuts target changing time/work in half.

Everyone is welcome and invited to come shoot at our club. It's highly competitive and not as easy as you would think just because it's indoors. Give it a try and you will get a whole new perspective on Doug's accomplishment.

Nothing crazy about the scoring, it's 1 shot per bull, not 2 shots per bull. Inner ring is 10 points with dot an "x". The match is ten targets (50 bulls). Ten shots per relay is why the scores show as 100-10x.

The club target scoring rings are the same dimensions as the IBS target.

Don't use all of the outer rings in order to fit 2 five bull targets on the backer. Cuts target changing time/work in half.

Everyone is welcome and invited to come shoot at our club. It's highly competitive and not as easy as you would think just because it's indoors. Give it a try and you will get a whole new perspective on Doug's accomplishment.

Thank you for explanation - sometimes, it's difficult to open the blinders!:p The 100s and tens had me baffled. :eek:RG

Congratulations Doug! The chicken barn!!

That's where I had that unlimited target that looked like two bullet holes. Nine in one hole and the tenth shot a half inch away. The nine shot hole looked smaller than the flyer hole. Nonetheless....it measured something over a half inch and I didn't get over it as soon as expected.

We tried everything there to get our rifles to agg well. Sammy Phillips' rifle would shoot better in that chicken barn than it would anywhere else so we were shooting for second place anyway. Took two weeks to clear your respiratory system of chicken "whatever".

Thanks for stepping in!

Congratulations Doug on your perfect score, excellent shooting.
I'm a member of Riverside Gun Club, it's located in Richfield, NC. We shoot in an old chicken house (it's the old Tuckertown Barn that some old timers may be familiar with). The guys there are outstanding shooters and it's quite an accomplishment just to win a monthly match. Doug has been close to a perfect score several times with 49x. Nice to see he got them all this time. The scores "look odd" because the club recently went with a new target design to cut down on target changing.

Sorry I angered anyone with my note, and didn't check back for a few days.
I'd be happy to answer any questions; feel free to email me.

3rd Sat of every month

Their schedule does show a cf br match on the 16th.
just add city state when you post, who knows who may show up the next time.

The club shoots 100 yd BR match every 3rd Sat of the month. This time of year it can get pretty stifling hot inside, but its nice to be able to shoot all 12 months. Match Fee is $20. 1st round goes downrange at 9am. We draw chips for relay and bench assignments. The range is at 891 Burleson Hill Road in Richfield, NC.

And Buddy's is right down the block a mile or so with an endless supply of cold beer for afterwards.

Back