Need help from Chargemaster battery pack builders

Simple solution Go to the local auto parts store and get a small (I think about 500 CCA?) battery booster that has a cigarette lighter looking outlet lug. About $40 at my local Advance Auto.

The one I have has been in service since 2005 when I got my first RCBS 1500.

I think it'll work fine. Looks like you'd need a male/male adapter cord and be sure to check polarity before hooking it up. Also, a fuse is a good idea.

Stealth Cam 12V Battery Box

This is what I've been using on mine. The polarity is correct and it comes with a charger that plugs into the side of the battery box. One charge will last through a Nationals. If you get the polarity reversed, it will blow the Chargemaster in the length of time it takes to push the On button and RCBS will not repair it.

Last edited:
BTW, Don Legg of RCBS ENGINEERING says the RCBS1500 unit will work safely on anywhere from 8-15 VDC.

They told me 9-16 volts, but one can check the voltage coming from the unregulated power supply that comes with the unit and get an idea. Both a regulated power supply or a battery, will supply smoother and more consistent power to the unit than the factory wall wart. A 12 volt source is all that's needed. Been using a 12v SLA battery for years on two of them, and sold several of them. The only issue I've ever heard was when someone reversed polarity..As was mentioned, it'll kill it in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
Back