Neck turning motor?

TrxR

Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced gear motor for neck turning. I dont care if its 120v ac or 12v dc.

I thought about using a 1/3hp 1750 fan motor and reducing the speed through pulleys but that would be a bit bulky. I also though of a bench style drill press but it only goed down to 480rpm.

Thanks

Take a look at windshield wiper motors.

12VDC and gear reduction to around 30 to 50 rpm?

cheap as $35.00 on amazon.....

Russ

Nowhere near powerful or fast forward enough to keep you happy. You need .25hp and about 140rpm.
Unfortunately our supply dried up and we can't get them now. I kep looking but they just aren't around at a decent price.

For once I agree with Francis, 140 rpm is perfect. Mine runs 118 and is a hair slow. Can't remember the gent's name I bought it from, but he passed away several years ago.

Later
Dave

I built a neck turner with a Dayton 1LPV2 Gearmotor. It runs at 181 rpm, 1/20 HP, 12 inch pounds torque, 115 or 230 volt and has reversible direction. These motors come with a capacitor start which is recommended for this type of application. It is hard to find quality gearmotors that are cheap. I purchased mine from Zoro.com which does run 20% off sales and free shipping offers. I believe the gearmotor currently runs about $197 before discounts.

Back