Neck turn lube

Ice water

I am also a fan of the ice water routine. I simply turn my cases upside down when I`m done, and let them air dry. I am currently shooting a 6ppc with a .268 nk and a 6x47L with a .270 nk. These are both light turns, but this does in fact work, with a lot less hassle. :D
Jeff

The K&M in ice water works well. If you must use something more, try a three dollar (or are they $2 ?) squeeze bottle of Lee case sizing lube. Take a big dab of the white (water soluable) lube and put it in a small, microwaveable container. Add some water (probably less in volume than the lube). Microwave for a few seconds to heat it to where you can mix it thoroughly and easily. just dip the neck in the thinned lube and have at it as Cutright (really?) directed above. You'll have to re-heat the lube after a time. With ice and the thinned lube you can turn at a relatively high rpm, I believe.
Container? Take the top off a spray can, and cut the outer "outside" away -- leaving the top and the inner sleeve that protects the can's spray nozzle. Turn this upside down. You now have a small container with a wide anti-tip base.
Or use an oily lube that won't wash out with water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back