neck clearance

what are you using for the clearace of a load round and the chamber neck on your 6mm ppc rifles.mine are .002 on each side of the round right.

i hear that some people use a 0268 chamber now with .002 to .003 clearace
Never heard of it..........;)
MEkHl70h.jpg

Over the past 10 years or so there's been a movement toward thicker necks in the 6PPC. There's solid reasoning behind this as N133 seems to like more neck tension that some other powders. Also, the thicker the neck is, the more hoop strength the neck will have...and that lets shooters achieve a tighter bullet 'pull' (neck tension) with a neck bushing that's not as dimensionally small as you'd need to get the same 'pull' with a 261 neck. That can give better seating concentricity. It's all a part of the tuning circle where everything works together.

The traditional .261-.262 necks are great shooters...just like always.

Even in the 30BR arena, the .330 chamber neck is evolving to .331 and .332 necks for these same reasons.

Good shootin' with your project. :) -Al

when I spec me 30 br I have the it made 332 neck it shoots good is it any better then my robinet probably not will the necks last longer it remains to be seen I do know I think I read that if he had to change anything it would be neck diameter
thanks an buy they way mine is JGS

when and if i get another barrel i will look into the .268 neck and maybe a 1 / 13 twist barrel for the 6mm ppc but thats about 2 years from now at the rate i am shooting it.again i got 350 rounds through it when i got this rifle

Back