My new reamer

I ordered the reamer from PT&G and after posting it a couple different places I find out a lot of people are having trouble with them .

Yes , never again . I did get the reamer on 8/6/21 LOL LOL Two pages of bitchen and PT&G got a ear full . Time to end this post .
Thanks all for putting up with me .

glad you finally got it. Now keep us posted on that build for your grandson

I switched to JGS...

I thought that is who it was and why I changed to Manson.

So far, they've been first-rate. I've been astonished with their speed every time I order.

Never had a quality problem with PTG, but always felt like I was their lowest priority order...

GsT

So far, they've been first-rate. I've been astonished with their speed every time I order.

Never had a quality problem with PTG, but always felt like I was their lowest priority order...

GsT

I have bought lot of things from them over the years , but the last 2 times have not been good . And never again .

I have bought lot of things from them over the years , but the last 2 times have not been good . And never again .

Was reluctant to share my experiences with PTG as of late but maybe this will be a wake up call for them. I started dealing with Dave Kiff soon after after he left JGS. I know he knows better but something has gone wrong lately. Hope they figure it out in time.

i have a stack of tools from pt&g, but my last reamer came from jgs.
my last 2 transactions from pt&g did not go well
my first with ptg cut like a hot knife thru butter

i am curious about that
when i had an issue, i use to talk straight to dave,
but no more, i got essentially the same answer.
makes one wonder...
but all in the past at this point.
I talked to his right hand man last week and at that time I was told he was busy in the shop someplace. I guess he is still calling the shots.

I end up talking to Dave on about half the reamers I buy cuz I spec weird reamers. He's always taken more time with me than I would expect from a busy man. I've owned businesses for over 30yrs and have learned that to be making money you gotta' be running a little crazy plus the fact that in business we say;

"There are 3 important items"
#1=quality
#2=price
#3=speed

"Pick 2"

but what if none of the 3 show up...
that was the issue

I end up talking to Dave on about half the reamers I buy cuz I spec weird reamers. He's always taken more time with me than I would expect from a busy man. I've owned businesses for over 30yrs and have learned that to be making money you gotta' be running a little crazy plus the fact that in business we say;

"There are 3 important items"
#1=quality
#2=price
#3=speed

"Pick 2"

At the grinding operations, reamers are first ground round to the precision dimensions. Then the back off operation is where the clearance is ground leaving only a .001-.002 margin which is that very thin line of the precision round grind that you see at the cutting edge.

Back