Muzzle Brakes and Suçh

Zebra13

Gents,

I have a customer who is inquiring about having muzzle brakes installed on a few rifles and asked for recommendations on which brake to buy. I told him I don't know much about them, but I do know some folks that do.

So...what say you? Got any recommendations?

Also, a couple of these rifles are sporters in 7mm ànd I have some concerns about turning down the muzzles for threading and what is a safe minimum diameter. Any guidance you could provide on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Gents,

I have a customer who is inquiring about having muzzle brakes installed on a few rifles and asked for recommendations on which brake to buy. I told him I don't know much about them, but I do know some folks that do.

So...what say you? Got any recommendations?

Also, a couple of these rifles are sporters in 7mm ànd I have some concerns about turning down the muzzles for threading and what is a safe minimum diameter. Any guidance you could provide on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Use the biggest thread you can as long as you have a 30-40 thou shoulder.

Have a look at Terminator Muzzle Brakes

I have way more models (17) & way more available threads, (13-14 in T2 & T3 models) than anyone else.

I use a lot of Harrell’s Precision brakes. They make two types with holes all around the brake or their tactical with side ports. $35 to 45 for the brakes. They do have to have the center hole bored out after it’s in place to .020 over bullet diameter

I don’t normally do this kind of work because it’s not a money maker, but I did this for a friend. I can’t remember the muzzle diameter now but it was really thin. I ended up making a brake with 9/16-24 threads that locked up on the muzzle face instead of a shoulder at the rear. I searched the internet and couldn’t find an off the shelf brake that was set up like that.

Attachments

• A627F242-A588-4F11-BCE2-D4812063C889.jpeg
    A627F242-A588-4F11-BCE2-D4812063C889.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 45B451F0-5A0D-4D4D-8A4C-A39DA8BFBB00.jpeg
    45B451F0-5A0D-4D4D-8A4C-A39DA8BFBB00.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 278
Vais has a good selection of brakes with larger diameter threads and finer pitch threads to increase minor thread diameter on the tenon. They work fairly well for hunting rifles with smaller diameter muzzle dia’s.

I didn't know about rossbrakes too. I'll take note of that. anyway, any updates on this?

Back