Multi-Radial Rifling?

adamsgt

Jerry Adams
Was going through the latest American Rifleman magazine this morning and saw an ad from Sabatti mentioning this type of rifling. Looks impressive but I wonder if I missed a discussion about it as it was introduced at the 2017 shot show. Any more info?

Looks like a neat concept.

Are they forming the ID's profile by hammer forging, button pulling, or some type of machining operation?

I would think hammer forging would be the preferred method.

This appears o be a variation on a theme and it has been around here for a good ten years, one of the forms or MI (minimally invasive) rifling quite popular in rimfire benchrest.
I quess the leading maker is propably Dan Muller. His configuration look somewhat like a rolled up corrugated roof and the theory here is less engraving, no hard edge lands in an attempt to minimize the coriolus effect of lobbing a waxed lead slug at sub sonic speeds.
All the ones I know about are buttoned and taper lapped.
Some of them barely mark the slug.

Last edited:
I have an old polygon rifled Shilen barrel, that I beleive was made in the 70's or 80's. It came from the TJ Jackson estate. This was the first barrel I ever chambered for my BR rifle in 30-30. It was a 14" twist 1.350 unlimited barrel, so I wound up with a 18# bag gun. Shot as good as any barrel I have ever owned, and still has a lot of life left. I ran 150 gr. match bullets at 2800 fps.

Michael

Might be nice

if someone could figure out how to put straight holes through them first, just sayin :)

Pete

Back