More Sad News

geo.ulrich

This is a real hard one for me , Bill Forrester passed away away Saturday. I will miss my good friend and old traveling buddy....

George, I hate to hear that; I've asked about him several times recently. My condolences.

The Immortal One

That’s what I called him after the time he and his truck was hit by.a train. “No damned train can kill me”. I have a bunch of Bill Forrester stories and some of them are true. RIP Twenty Two Bill.

I asked him once if he ever gets scored wrong shooting a 22 instead of a 6.
He said, "hell, I count on it. "

I asked him once if he ever gets scored wrong shooting a 22 instead of a 6.
He said, "hell, I count on it. "

My condolences to Bill's family and George. Wow this is really sad.
I always like to talk to Bill. He even came up to WWCCA one weekend.

Wow and the same day my wife of 51 year's passed away at home under Hospice care last year.
Two days after Mother's Day this year and two days prior to Her Birthday.
My Prayers go out to Family and Friends and being there myself words at times can never bring enough comfort at that time

more sad news

That’s what I called him after the time he and his truck was hit by.a train. “No damned train can kill me”. I have a bunch of Bill Forrester stories and some of them are true. RIP Twenty Two Bill.

At his home some years ago, he showed me the motorized unit he put together for cutting his lead cores. Just sit there and watch it, and they were all the same of course. The man was talented. Did anyone besides me, ever get to see the inside of his van he stayed and loaded in while at Kelblys ? what a piece of work...

At his home some years ago, he showed me the motorized unit he put together for cutting his lead cores. Just sit there and watch it, and they were all the same of course. The man was talented. Did anyone besides me, ever get to see the inside of his van he stayed and loaded in while at Kelblys ? what a piece of work...

Hello Joe, On Bills core cutter he did the wood work I did the mechanics. it cut two per revolution, if my memory is right it was gear reduced to 90 r.p.m or 180 cores per minute. Should have seen the first time we turned it on, it shot them across the room like a machine gun. He's yelling turn it off. Put a large box to catch them. problem solved. He later cut one of the blades off and made it a single blade cutter. If I remember it could cut a spool in an hour.... Hope your doing well.

More sad news

Hello Joe, On Bills core cutter he did the wood work I did the mechanics. it cut two per revolution, if my memory is right it was gear reduced to 90 r.p.m or 180 cores per minute. Should have seen the first time we turned it on, it shot them across the room like a machine gun. He's yelling turn it off. Put a large box to catch them. problem solved. He later cut one of the blades off and made it a single blade cutter. If I remember it could cut a spool in an hour.... Hope your doing well.

Hello George,
I might have known it was your work ! Good to hear from you . I'm grinning -imagining those cores flying across the room . It was not re-worked when I saw it. If most bullet makers saw that unit, your phone would be ringing off the hook ... All quiet here. I certainly miss the game and people. What an un-paralleled experience. Nowhere else is there such an abundance of talent.
Stay well....

Back