Mission Control - We have a Problem

D

Doug

I was planning on going to Piney Hill for the indoor Nationals in November.
Two weeks ago I was told I could not stay there because of Insurance. So I cancel that trip.
Since the IR50/50 indoor was a problem I hoped that maybe I could go to the Barn for the ARA indoor in December.
Today I just learned that Rocky Barn might have an Insurance problem? Jeff said "No Insurance - No Matches"
This sounds like the Death Kneel for BR shooting?

I think Dan Killough covers the insurance for the ARA and the PSL it was the club matches that they need insurance coverage for.

Range insurance

Insurance is a big problem for all Ranges!! Ranges are becoming more aware of the need for insurance & are finding out it a difficult problem, The NRA has a company or two that they endorse for range insurance. Try those companies, & remember that insurance companies are in the business of collecting premiums, first & foremost.

Club, Range Insurance

I have been through this knothole with liability coverage for a collecting organization. It was MUCH harder than finding insurance for a range. For some reason, the companies all want to insure a range vs. something they can't touch or feel. Good luck.

Doug I though you stayed the nights at the ranges as a security guard.

Back in the early '90's my wife and I opened a small stand-alone golf driving range near our home, small enough so we were the only 2 enployees. Where it wasn't affiliated with a full-blow golf coarse the insurance companies ALL wanted between 25 to 50% of the total take - before any expenses were considered including taxes, repairs or anything else. That killed it within just a few years. Being so small with no money left over to expand, or hire help, there was no hope. At least there was enough left when all was said and done to pay the taxes on the property, but nothing left for our efforts.

insurance

Here in the UK being a member of the NRA or the NSRA gives you insurance for
Shooting,equipment,public libality,a fairly extensive cover for all things in shooting.
The cost of membership is about £80 per year.
It surprises me that the mighty NRA of America does not provide cover for its members.
Shooting clubs here also have to have insurance to cover its members .
My firearms certificate states the the firearms in my possession may be used on ranges where adequate
Insurance cover is provided.
In my current club I must be a member of the NRA for insurance cover or provide details of alternate cover.
Which in my case is the NSRA.

Insurance companies rule the world.John F.

Back