metric screws

P

Pops

I need metric screws that are 6mmx.75 in several different lengths for a anschutz ,they also need to be hardened. Anybody know of a source ? I have tried my brownells catalog and couldnt find any .

Pops,
Try Champion Shooters Supply and or Neil Jones. I built a couple of Anschutz BR rifles a while back and the customers got the screws from one or the other of those places. If I recall correctly, they were way too expensive for screws! Some folks just buy a 6X.75MM die and make 'em out of 1/4X28 screws.

I've tried Fastenal for several sizes of metric screws, and have had some success with them. Have to agree - Anschutz is unbelievably high-priced on replacement screws.

screws

Pops,

I have some in low hd allen but they are not hardened.

You might want to reconsider a hardened screw. Anschutz receivers are soft and its far better to strip a screw than strip the receiver. I've been aware of several stripped receivers as it is.

Let me know what lengths you need and I'll check what I have.

bjm

Well, Screw It-

Together with 6mm screws you got from Ace Hdwr. Yep, they have 'em in different head types also.

Happy Holidays !!

Steve Moore

I didn't know ACE had 6X.075 MM screws? I scanned the county back in September looking. Everyone had 6X1.00MM but no one had the 6X.075. I guess I just looked the wrong places. They're tougher to come up with than you'd think they would be. I checked most all the machine shop suppliers and including McMaster-Carr and Enco and got nothing in 6X.075 screws.

Last edited:
That fine .75 mm pitch is very hard to find. I would be VERY careful of what you buy at the corner ACE hardware lest you bugger up a nice action. I have a bad feeling they are just the common 1.00 pitch that people manage to force in.
I've tried in the past to have Allen head Anschutz screws made. But no matter what the smiths promised -- when they really got my order and the money, all of a sudden they were "too busy" or "don't do them any more" (even at $20 a screw)
On my list of things to do is buy a die!

I have tried ace , while they are good they dont have them . I have looked all over the internet and found some very short ones but none long enough to do what I need . I talked with a guy that said he had some and am waiting to hear back . I am thinking I will buy the Die and make my own , Its kinda hard to belive but the die is pretty easy to find .

Flatlander,
I wouldn't go to Fastenal if they were the only people in the world with them. Way too high and very rude and snotty.
Butch

Back