Meat eaters....must read

bryan

Bryan Armatys
I've posted about this before, but if you do any barbequing or smoking, you need to look at the Traeger grills! They are pellet fired, so you are cooking over wood. I bought the smallest one--the Junior--and love it.
traegergrills.com
I've been into BBQ for decades, and have spent a lot on the newest and greatest grills over the years, but this one is Top Shelf!;)
Bryan

I've posted about this before, but if you do any barbequing or smoking, you need to look at the Traeger grills! They are pellet fired, so you are cooking over wood. I bought the smallest one--the Junior--and love it.
traegergrills.com
I've been into BBQ for decades, and have spent a lot on the newest and greatest grills over the years, but this one is Top Shelf!;)
Bryan

I have no doubt you are right about your pellet BBQ, however when you are surrounded by alder trees, it's hard to think about buying a stove you have to run out and buy pellets for.

http://traegergrills.com/

Traeger grills

traegergrills.com
Bryan

Bryan,
Thanks for the post. This has certainly got my attention; just found a local dealer. How do they do steaks?

Lou Baccino
Chino69

Last edited:
Grills

Lou: Just had NY Strips and they were fantastic.
Tim: Charcoal is charcoal, wood is wood.
Check It Out!

Hey Bryan - How long does it take to get them up to grilling temp - say in the summer? Thanks

temp

Hayseed, Mine runs about 15 minutes to get to the 400 degree range. This is in the late fall........just bought it in November.
You start it on "smoke" which runs about 180 to 200 then switch to med. or high.
The initial burn-off when new hit over 500 degrees.
I would imagine summer time grilling could be started in about 10 minutes or so.
Pellets last a long time. I bought 20lbs of maple, and 20 lbs of hickory when I bought it, and have well over half of each left after doing 2 large turkeys, a fresh ham, several roasts, and numerous steaks and burgers........probably 30 hours running time.
Bryan

Bryan

Hayseed, Mine runs about 15 minutes to get to the 400 degree range. This is in the late fall........just bought it in November.
You start it on "smoke" which runs about 180 to 200 then switch to med. or high.
The initial burn-off when new hit over 500 degrees.
I would imagine summer time grilling could be started in about 10 minutes or so.
Pellets last a long time. I bought 20lbs of maple, and 20 lbs of hickory when I bought it, and have well over half of each left after doing 2 large turkeys, a fresh ham, several roasts, and numerous steaks and burgers........probably 30 hours running time.
Bryan

After seeing the way you eat I want to come to YOUR house!! -----Bill

price...

I just pulled up their website but didn't see any suggested price. What is the going price? There are several dealers close by so may have to check them out.

Back