McMillan Edge Vibration

Joe

I have this odd vibration in my two rifleds stocked with Edge stocks.
Both are Panda actions, both glued in.
Both have weights in the butt end of the stock, and the weights are the correct length so that the screw tightens up on them securely and they do not "rattle around" inside the stock.

When I grab the underside of the stock just ahead of the trigger guard and "knock" on the butt end, there is a significant vibration that can be felt and heard throughout the entire rifle.

Is this normal?
Does it affect accuracy?
Has anotne else ever experienced this?

Joe,

..I would remove the weight from the butt stock and see IF the rattle/vibrations go away. If they do, BINGO. If not I haven't a clue. Good luck.

Check the barrel

I have seen some barrel that would vibrate in an Edge stock. While listening to the vibration, put your fingers on the barrel and see it it stops.

I'm a little confused here...

When I grab the underside of the stock just ahead of the trigger guard and "knock" on the butt end, there is a significant vibration that can be felt and heard throughout the entire rifle.

Is this normal?
Does it affect accuracy?
Has anotne else ever experienced this?

If the action is glued in which makes the barrel, stock, and action all part of the same unit, why wouldn't any "knocking" on one part of the stock transfer to the other parts of the same "unit" since all three are effectively one piece?

I experience this same effect on my hunter rifle which is pillar bedded and does not have an "Edge" type stock.

virg

Vibration

Larry,
If your advice stops the vibration, we may have to take to calling you "Mr. Baggett". :rolleyes:

Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Back