May Issue PS

I am on the West coast and got mine several days ago.

However, it was short a couple of pages. Right inside the cover it goes to page 3. Missing pages 1 and 2 at the front and I assume pages 103 and 104 at the back.

Anyone else have that with their copy?

DougF

They count the two outside and inside covers as pages.
As a member if IBS I am not happy that they devoted only two pages to IBS when they are supposed to give us eight pages. If they say they didn't get match reports to publish, they are less than honest. David Brennan edits and deletes as he sees fit; trust me, I know.
Something like $38.00 of our dues goes to PSM for the privilege of seeing our names in print. We aren't getting that.

lol, if this is true it seems a bit childish.

lol, if this is true it seems a bit childish.

Brennan has been Cutting the Heck out of every match report that has been sent in to the point that some match directors are probaby not even wasting their time writing their reorts. If Brennan wants to write the reports the way he sees fit then he should write 8 pages of reports.

Paul (IBS member)

Last edited:
I'll wait another week and give em a call. When I got my March issue I realized I never got Feb. I called and they shot it right out. Last week I found the missing Feb issue in my wifes trunk. :confused:

And it has become a family joke. Our son gets his well before I get mine. I have received my issue as much as one month late. Can it be because I have crossed swords with Brennan over the match reports I've sent in on the Monday following each match? Nah. He says they "make every effort to get the issue out by the 25th of the preceding month".

You really think Davey goes over the shipping/receiving and messes with your schedule?? Maybe sets yours aside for a few weeks?

wheww!

al

I got mine yesterday 5/15. It was worth the wait. bob ps if you want it quick pay for first class postage (assuming you can). Once the printer puts the pile on the loading dock of the USPS facility its out of David's hands. And USPS does NOT give it, or any other similar publication priority nor "first class" treatment without first class postage.

Last edited:
They count the two outside and inside covers as pages.
As a member if IBS I am not happy that they devoted only two pages to IBS when they are supposed to give us eight pages. If they say they didn't get match reports to publish, they are less than honest. David Brennan edits and deletes as he sees fit; trust me, I know.
Something like $38.00 of our dues goes to PSM for the privilege of seeing our names in print. We aren't getting that.

Francis
I have looked into this subject as I was dissappointed to see only 2 pages of IBS content in this months issue. It turns out $31 of each IBS members annual dues go to get each member of IBS a subscription to PS at a reduced price. Dave Brennan has agreed to print up to eight pages of IBS information in each issue and we pay him a very minimal amount of money each month to be the IBS editor and nothing additional for the pages of IBS results inserted. We have no specific number of pages we are entitled to. Dave claims he simply is not getting enough useable results to keep the maximum number of pages filled up. I urge each IBS match director to live up to their contractual requirement to send results to PS and hopefully we will se more results in print. As to Davids editing of results generally I like what he does I am aware some people do not care for his style but it appears it is his prerogative since he is the magazines editor as well as the IBS editor we are unlikely to see any changes unless we can talk David into it, so complaining to him is probably not going to help.

Dick Grosbier

Ever meet an egotistical Dwarf?

If you ever want to , drive to Manchester, Ct , of course, who would actually want to?

Back