Martini International Mk V

Calfed

Years ago I won a Mk V at an estate auction. It came with sights, but after shooting it a few times I put it away and never fired it much.

0mci3oy.jpg

Recently I began shooting a weekly smallbore match at my range...alternating weekly between 50 and 100 yards. This caused me to pull my smallbore target rifles out of the safe and begin shooting them. So far, I've used my Winchester 52's.

I recently glommed a Lyman 20X Super Targetspot and decided to try the Lyman on my Mk V. I zeroed the scope at 50 yards and did some ammo testing.

This rifle loved everything--even the cheap CMP black box.

gY72Hd0.jpg

v8lJxtI.jpg

@ 50 yards...

3cQ8QFj.jpg

Quite a few years back, shooting buddy died and I took it upon myself to sell off all of his shooting gear. He had a Martini International that we used to shoot rats from under his chicken house. Fun days!! Looked pretty much like the one pictured. Scope and all. Sights too that were/are worth $$$ by themselves.
Fitted wooden flip top box for storage. Whole thing must have come in around 100 pounds. :) Fun shooter.
Been a while but I think I sold it for $200.00?? Should have kept it for myself.
When my buddy died, I found the rifle in it's storage box, open, under his work bench and everything was covered with dirt and saw dust.:eek::eek: Took it home, got after it and the box with an air hose. Exterior of the barrel has starter to surface rust. Steel wool and oil got the barrel cleaned up. Bore was fine. Sold it off. Again, should have kept it for myself.:(
Still looking for one for myself. ;)

Last edited:
Quite a few years back, shooting buddy died and I took it upon myself to sell off all of his shooting gear. He had a Martini International that we used to shoot rats from under his chicken house. Fun days!! Looked pretty much like the one pictured. Scope and all.
Fitted wooden flip top box for storage. Whole thing must have come in around 100 pounds. :) Fun shooter.
Been a while but I think I sold it for $200.00?? Should have kept it for myself.
When my buddy died, I found the rifle in it's storage box, open, under his work bench and everything was covered with dirt and saw dust.:eek::eek: Took it home, got after it with an air hose. Exterior of the barrel has starter to rust. Steel wool and oil got the barrel cleaned up. Bore was fine. Sold it off. Again, should have kept it for myself.:(
Still looking for one for myself. ;)

I had fired it some with the sights a few years ago. I got it out and mounted the Lyman scope and took it to the match, thinking I would shoot it after the match. I had a problem with my Winchester 52B and couldn't finish the match, so I got this out to see if it would be competitive. I believe it will be.

A couple of my local club members have these and they will shoot. I will be buying one some day.

I dunno. Give ol' Joe enough time, and he'll ban them military derived "sniper rifles", which are capable of "mass destruction".....
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI&list=PLMr6skDjeptbX7SjaXcwCjemTH7H7WH7N&index=2

Seriously Bill, nice looking rifle. Bet it's a shooter, remember, international Free Pistols are built on some form of the Martini action.
A couple of my local club members have these and they will shoot. I will be buying one some day.

Thanks guys...I'll post my targets from the matches that I shoot this in

I'm not sure

I dunno. Give ol' Joe enough time, and he'll ban them military derived "sniper rifles", which are capable of "mass destruction".....
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI&list=PLMr6skDjeptbX7SjaXcwCjemTH7H7WH7N&index=2

Seriously Bill, nice looking rifle. Bet it's a shooter, remember, international Free Pistols are built on some form of the Martini action.

I wish he passes into never never land because the one right behind him is way worse.

Back