Manatee

Steve,
Does not look like it. The range competition infrastructure was ripped out when the range was expanded.
After all the years of drawing so few competitors it has become a wasted operation.
Sorry but it's reality. It's just too far south for a weekend match. Location, location, location...
Larry

Does not look like it....After all the years of drawing so few competitors it has become a wasted operation.

I'm sorry to hear that; I had hoped to take my bride to the beach as a way of justifying going to that shoot. Also, talked to another shooter in the past few days who had planned to take his wife to FL when he went to that shoot.

Too bad

Larry: Too bad! Loved the shoot. First of year and always enjoyed the "nice weather" See you at Shamrock. Love. jim casey

Florida state match

If people would make manatee a state or national match, might get people to drive. They drive cross country to shoot so I think the drive is not the issue. And yes a weekend match is common place. Myself and George parisio would go, how many more ????

I hoped there would be a match this year and planned to go. I had some shooters tell me they didn't like the lower range and felt the main range was nicer. Doesn't matter to me. I just like to shoot.

Back