MAINE Firecracker 100-200-300 IBS Tournament

glp

will be held over the Memorial Day weekend May 24-25-26, 2014. The 100 and 200 yard portion will be at the Orrington Rod and Gun Club 152 East Bucksport Rd Orrington, ME.

The gate will be open by 1 pm Friday May 23. We will set target frames first then draw benches. Anyone traveling but wishing a bench drawn on their behalf can call me on my cell at 207-944-2369 and we will get you in the Friday drawing queue. I anticipate 3 relays, depending on turnout.

The 300 yard leg will be held at the Lincoln County Rifle Club in Damariscotta, ME on Monday May 26.

This is one of only four opportunities where you can contest for a 3 yardage agg and the elusive 750 sticker and 3 yardage records. One is already in the books, the already completed Georgia State, leaving the yet to be held Firecracker, the BUD and the NC Southern State Challenge for you to give the format a try. Thanks John Cascarino for the correction.

A 500 at Orrington is doable. Finishing off the 750 with a 250 at LCRC...well there have been 5 250s shot in the 14 or so years LCRC has had a 300 yard range.

We will have light lunch available for a reasonable price all days and we even have inside plumbing! Bring some damp weather gear and a can of deep woods off.

Finally, this is a great warm up for the BUD! --Greg

Last edited:
Friendly Redneck country

Just think of all the fun to be had. If the weather is good which is the present prediction, the black flies with be out in all their glory and of course the mosquitoes with all the wet weather will be big enough to carry you away! How great is that...and there is no extra charge. And don't forget all the hassle with traffic; you really don't want to deal with that, do you? We will understand if you are a no-show. :rolleyes:

Hopefully everyone knows that as a homey, I am being sarcastic. I and others are looking forward to seeing our distant friends this coming weekend. Hope YOU ALL can make it. Did you notice I picked up a southern accent from my southern travels of last year??? :D

Randy

Back