Luther,OK

Rex,

Scharny signing autographs! Better get there early !! Scharny + Luther = Packed up and gone by third group!

Coots, am I doing ok? Should probably be respectful the way he spanked us in StL

Pour it on Mark. Get him while he's down..........there.

are you David? I made down here and am I going to be the only Iowan? Creach and company are all sick w/ the flu....... and where are you?

David

Not sure he's making it. I heard Fred CootStone and Scharny Rubble were down at the Water Buffalo lodge for happy hour. I think they are having wet loin cloth night too so you may be on your own. Make the Hawkeye state proud......

are you David? I made down here and am I going to be the only Iowan? Creach and company are all sick w/ the flu....... and where are you?

David

Going to Oak Hills tomorrow David. That, and it's 650 miles to get to Luther. Been looking for LRB Smallwood, but he said something about a pot convention in Denver.

Last edited:
A big thanks to Rex, David and Mike for all your help in making my first Bench Rest Match a success. All the shooters went out of their way to make me feel comfortable about the match. These guys went above and beyond (and into their own pockets) to make sure my first match was a fun experience. First class guys without a doubt. I'm hooked and hope to shoot with these guys many times in the future.

Mike, maybe next time we'll have better conditions. Richard and I were talking about the conditions today in that the tails being wet all day from rain were probably deceiving. If they had been dry, they would have shown more wind than what they seemed to be showing. Tough conditions yesterday with high wind and rapid switches. A pretty good introduction to benchrest shooting for your first match.

??

Mike, maybe next time we'll have better conditions. Richard and I were talking about the conditions today in that the tails being wet all day from rain were probably deceiving. If they had been dry, they would have shown more wind than what they seemed to be showing. Tough conditions yesterday with high wind and rapid switches. A pretty good introduction to benchrest shooting for your first match.

What's the final report, Mike? Besides soggy?...

Preloaded and twist on the tuner

Darrel Loker and I both went preloaded. It works great with tuners for sure.

Kind of makes me think of that old song "twisting the night away:D)

Did not clean at all today, shot two yardages, got home and started to clean. No copper at all, not even a trace of blue on patches and I ran several wet ones with a little time in between. Life is good!!

Richard Brensing

Last edited:
Mike Bryant

in addition to a pocket full of money Mike Bryant won one of the rifle barrels that Richard had donated.

and then in a class act he gave it to a new shooter that was at his first ever match.

And then to

finish it off, Rex said he would chamber it for nothing!!

Two great guys for sure!!

That's what makes BR great.

Richard

Back