Luther,OK matches

Richard

John Dumas asked me to post the following.

The start time for the May 11-12 match will be 1 PM
The June 29-30 match will start at 12 noon

Richard

Need more details please...

I'm new to Group shooting. Luther is only 3-1/2 hrs away so these potentially are matches I could attend. But I need more information to decide.

Last edited:
Kyle,

The regional match directors try to schedule matches without conflicts as much as possible.
Luther is in the Mid-Con region, Midland is the gulf coast region. It's your choice of where you want to shoot.

What information do you need about Luther? I will try to help out and at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Richard

To start...

1) What kind of match? LV/HV/SP/UL?
2) What yardages?
3) Schedule? What matches in what order and on which day?
4) Match fee?
5) And most importantly, where specifically is the range located?

Thanks!

The first match

will be SP-LV. We will shoot 100 yds on Sat and 200 yds on Sun. The match will start at 12 noon on Sat and usually 8AM on Sunday. If you have some tall flags (10 ft or so) bring them. If you don't there will be enough flags that you can see from other shooters to get by. I have a map I will post later when I get to the house computer.
Luther can be challenging at times because of the terrain. It's a fun place to shoot. I'm not sure what the match fee will be but e-mail John Dumas, he is running the matches and his address is jack.dumas@aol.com

Richard

Last edited:
The Midland match is normally the July 4th weekend. We had to move it back a week due to the WBC being held in Canada in July. The GC region is fortunate to have both Mike Conry and Gary Bristow who will be not only representing the US as team members, but they will also be representing the Gulf Coast region as well. Mike is also the match director at Midland. It’s hard to host a match at Midland in July and head to Canada for the WBC at the same time or thereabouts. Don Creach and I tried to work out any conflicts, but there are only so many weekends in a month. Hopefully, next year there won’t be any conflicts between the two regions.

Midland match in June

The Midland match is normally the July 4th weekend. We had to move it back a week due to the WBC being held in Canada in July. The GC region is fortunate to have both Mike Conry and Gary Bristow who will be not only representing the US as team members, but they will also be representing the Gulf Coast region as well. Mike is also the match director at Midland. It’s hard to host a match at Midland in July and head to Canada for the WBC at the same time or thereabouts. Don Creach and I tried to work out any conflicts, but there are only so many weekends in a month. Hopefully, next year there won’t be any conflicts between the two regions.

One thing that may be important to know about the Midland match on June 29-30 is it will be Sporter/Unlimited, a great opportunity to get to shoot your big gun!

Thanks,
Scott

Back