Lt-32

Powder Valley

Was able to find some powder at Powder Valley that I could use. Ordered it on Friday, it was shipped yesterday from Wichita Kansas and is out for delivery today here in Fort Worth. Not too bad. :)

If you don't have a bore scope or if you can't find one to use when you need to, I wouldn't shoot Lt32. I like this powder very much but it will give you a carbon ring in a hurry. No joke! Just beware . Lee

Lt 32

New 2015 is the rejected LT32
don't know where the burning rate is Slower? faster? REally not a problem if i wanted to use some. Just work it up or down.

The LT-32 I have is lot#1 and 30g gives 3445 in a 6PPC.
The AA 2015 I have was from the first out of IMR Canada in 2010 and 30g gives 3285.

So, 160 fps difference and the 30g load is 2/3 neck full. A 31g load would be a crush fit unless you had a freebore of 0.1 or so.

Jerry, I got 3479 fps with Lot #1 with about 28.9 gr. of LT-32 behind a 64.2 gr Berger Column and a 22 inch barrel. Lot #2 will not give this velocity for me. James

The reason I was asking the going price here is $36.00+ tax of .13 for roughly $40.68, per lb, does not include shipping. Oh Well good to be a Canadian, I guess!!!!

go west young man

The reason I was asking the going price here is $36.00+ tax of .13 for roughly $40.68, per lb, does not include shipping. Oh Well good to be a Canadian, I guess!!!!

after all it is made in Canada Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill, you must be using the metric system. We buy it buy the lb not kg. Paying 36/lb would make $288 for a 8lb jug. Not the $185-205 here in the states. Not so good to be Canadian, except you guys have the crack smoking mayor of Toronto and we have the pot smoking president...

Actually, I'll pay higher prices for powder. You wanna trade?

Ray and James, the 3445 I got with 30g LT-32 was at the screens at 12' with an Oehler 35. My corrected MV would have been some higher.

If you don't have a bore scope or if you can't find one to use when you need to, I wouldn't shoot Lt32. I like this powder very much but it will give you a carbon ring in a hurry. No joke! Just beware . Lee

Blaming LT32 for a carbon ring is not the issue. Take a look at your cleaning methods

I think that the simple truth is that cleaning methods have to reflect the powder being used, and because 133 is so clean, we have gotten used to the amount of cleaning that it requires, and may have a problem if we don't adjust for a different powder. I remember when I used to read that Tony Boyer used Iosso on a nylon brush, in the first few inches at the back of the barrel, every time that he cleaned, to prevent carbon problems. At the time, I wondered what that was all about, since my barrels (shot exclusively with 133) all passed bore scope inspections only cleaning with BBS, patches, and bronze brushes. Later, I had a chance to try some of the old 8208 and figured out why he was using the Iosso. It was a lot dirtier than the 133...a lot. At the time that I had read about his use of Iosso, I believe that he was still shooting T. I should add that if a powder produces superior results on the target, I think that it is worth some extra effort cleaning. Evidently that was his thought as well.

Back