LT 32 anyone have new up dates

I received 8lbs from Bruno's the other day. I'm working with H322 right now. I don't plan on trying any right away. I want to keep working with the H322. But I thought while I could I would pick some up.
I haven't seen any new up dates posted. What are you guys seeing ?

Last edited:
It is not really load sensative. load it like N133 .
ive shot fuull cases with little problems in cold weather.
Spring is breaking we all will soon find out. I am useing Lot " #2
Your going to like the way it flows thu the measure

only down side i see is using it in my chargemaster. Can you say, overthrow!! lol. I like the powder, and it has a solid place in my line up. lee

only down side i see is using it in my chargemaster. Can you say, overthrow!! lol. I like the powder, and it has a solid place in my line up. lee

Was wondering if the tube that throws the powder were tilted some number of degrees above horizontal if that might minimize overthrow when the tube stops. However, you'd think that the manufacturer would have tried that during development.

Just a little reminder to those of you who have found this powder to your liking, and those that will...Without Lou Murdica(the L in LT) none of this would have happened. He has put a lot of time and money into this project so that any shooter can have a potentially winning powder, and not just a few who have squirreled away some unobtanium.

Boyd
I had a pretty good day today made up some crude flags with surveyor ribbon. Went back up to the 28.5 gr load of H322 no primer issues like before. Must have been a bad primer.
Velocity seems a little low even at 28.5 maybe I'm jammed to hard?.

I dont think that that would cause it. Have you done a pressure series, one shot per load, .3 gr. apart. over a chronograph, with FL sized brass, till the bolt gets a little too snug? That is my usual starting point. That way I know what my top load and velocity are. Seating depth for that purpose is usually so that the rifling marks the bullet about half as long as wide, unless it is a double radius ogive bullet. How fast are your velocities? Unless they are really slow, I wouldn't be concerned as long as the accuracy is there. Glad to hear you have some way to look at what the wind is doing.

66 gr Fowler H322 -28.5 gr velocity 3160.
Maybe I need to try the LT32 to get into the higher velocity node?

Last edited:
Do the test. If you run into a case capacity problem before your bolt gets a little tight, you may have to retest using a different technique to get more powder in the case, so that you can test higher weights. There is a lot of difference between case capacity with a quick dump in the funnel vs. a very slow drop using a long drop tube.

lt32

I am seeing 3400 fps with 29.0 grains and 65 Bart BT and wolf primers. Still got room for more. This is with two different guns. Good accuracy.

This afternoon LT-32 showed 3392 average with 28.8 gr. behind a Berger column. It shoots WAY better than my setup will allow. It also shoots Berger 52's in my .222 very well. Every bit as good as N133 in theses two rifles. Cheaper too.

I'm going to take my set up to the range tomorrow. First trip to load at the range. I'm going to try out the LT32. as well as look for a higher node with the H322
Ill report back

I had an opportunity to test LT32 today. I found a pretty good load at 28.6 grains
I began at 27.5 and worked up .3 at a time to 29. 29 gave a little hard bolt lift not bad. But the 28.6 load was the best anyway
I'm jammed to leave a mark half as long as the groove is wide. Do I begin to come out of the lands now to fine tune this load? If so by what increment at a time?

Lt-32

I would like to add some data on the LT-32 powder but would first like to thank Louie for the 9 years of very hard work and determination he put into the LT powder, we will never know the countless hours, phone calls, time, and money he has put into this project (MY HAT IS OFF TO HIM). I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK WESTERN POWDER CO for following through for us; an email to them would be appropriate. As Louie mentioned I used the powder and was fortunate to win the Cactus Classic 2013. I shot 28.2 grain at 100 yards and bumped it up to 28.8 at 200. I was using my Bruno double O bullet 65.8 grain Boa tail. Krieger barrel 13.5 twist 22.5" 6-ppc with a Leupold 45 built by myself. I only adjusted my load one time through out the whole match and to be honest it felt like the old T-32 powder very stable and forgiving. I have since shot it in another barrel with very similar results. I think we have a winner on our hands thanks to Lou especially since we don't know the future of vv-133. Thanks for all the personal inquiries hope I answered most of your questions.

Thanks again Lou I am a believer

Lester

Back