LT-30 loads for .22 BR ?

D

Dustin LS

Been trying to find load data for LT-30 in .22 BR without any luck. I know it might be a little to fast for this case, but I'd still like to try it. I'm shooting 52-53 gr bullets only.
Anybody know a safe starting load?
Thanks Dustin

Been trying to find load data for LT-30 in .22 BR without any luck. I know it might be a little to fast for this case, but I'd still like to try it. I'm shooting 52-53 gr bullets only.
Anybody know a safe starting load?
Thanks Dustin

I would also think it too fast as well. Sort of like shooting 3031 in a 30/06. It will work, it just won't give you optimum results.

The way I work loads for a given powder is to set up my chronograph and work up the load until it hits a velocity that a more normal powder would show, taking note of primer flatness, bolt lift, head expansion, or any other common pressure indicators.

If

I have tried LT30 in my 12 and 14 twist 22BR . 55 gr bergers in the 14 twist over 28.8 gr shoots very well, groups are .25 and occ smaller. MVs are impressive...3700+ fps! Bolt lift is sl stiff and I suspect primer pockets will loosen in time, but are still tight after 2 firings. I planned to reduce the charge to hopefully reduce bolt lift tightness, but am so impressed with the current load I'll shoot these for awhile.

I have tried LT30 in my 12 and 14 twist 22BR . 55 gr bergers in the 14 twist over 28.8 gr shoots very well, groups are .25 and occ smaller. MVs are impressive...3700+ fps! Bolt lift is sl stiff and I suspect primer pockets will loosen in time, but are still tight after 2 firings. I planned to reduce the charge to hopefully reduce bolt lift tightness, but am so impressed with the current load I'll shoot these for awhile.

Thanks! that's the info I was looking fir. I did begin loading today with 26.0 grs. I'll gradually increase and test before work everyday this week. I'd been running LT-32 and have been really satisfied with it, yet my rifle seemed to want a slightly faster powder. I'm hopeful this will be it.

Hammered a ghog at 321 yds today with 55gr Berger, 22BR. No wind so I put the sightron's tgt dot on his chest and BANG..SPLAT! His weight...7# soaking wet. At 3700 fps that bullet gets to target really quick.

Back