Lrt me get the score rules right

Jackie, you could not be more wrong !

Dick, I disagree. You use a reticle to acsertain a wipeout just like you do the value of any other shot..........jackie

Jackie I normally agree with most things you say but do not understand your position on this. In IBS if you attempt to score wipeouts you are 100% in violation of the rules. Only the records committee is authorized to evaluate wipeouts.

To give you a specific example, if two shooters have targets range scored at 250-25x and informal review of targets by someone seems to indicate that shooter number one might have 5-7 wipeouts and shooter number two seems to have between 20-25 wipeouts you have a tie for first place and two sets of targets that should be submitted to the records committee. It does not matter if you think it is stupid to call such results a tie, rules are rules.

Dick

Dick, our discussion is pretaining to the NBRSA scoring in Varmint for Score as of 2012. In the event of a 250 25X tie, then the number of wipeouts will determine the winner. I am well aware that under the IBS guidelines, wipeouts are not scored at the range, only by the records committee.

That means at NBRSA Matches, the scorer must use a reticle to ascertain the value of the shot.

Maybe the best thing that should have been done was simply have the NBRSA revert back to the originol IBS Rules. But it is what it is........jackie

Last edited:
WOW and who said it was simple?

I gess this is why I like to shoot so much, I can say something then backup and listen to all the different " I-M-O's of rules" and I can see everyones Point. But I SHOOT HUNTER CLASS and we ( Hunter class shooters) don't have the 250 - 25 x then wipeouts problem YET. We are still at the 250 - 23 x record stage. Some say Hunter class is dieing, I say "try it you'll LOVE IT !" It's VFS without the CHEATERS. there is alot of room to set a new World Record. Oh it is'nt .009" but it is honest, and real fun. GOOD LUCK TO ALL ! MIKE WALL

Coondog, many of us have been there, and done that.
The first two years, I offered a HBR class in our club matches. Nobody showed, so I dropped it. They can shoot in Modified.......jackie

Back