Lowell Hottenstein wins Hog Roast. R. Stewart shoots potenetial LV 200 World record.

Joe Krupa

Lowell Hottenstein wins Hog Roast. R. Stewart shoots potential LV 200 World record.

The results of the 2010 Hog Roast are below:

HV 100:
1. Andy Shifflett .2094
2. Don Rosetti .2202
3. Billy Stevens .2204
4. Larry Costa .2218
5. Lee Hachigian .2248

Small Group Lee Hachigian .094

HV 200:
1. Greg Reed .2240
2. Tony Boyer .2307
3. Tony Alexander .2404
4. Larry Caston .2430
5. Lou Murdica .2433

Small Group David Robinson .214

HV Grand:
1. Larry Costa .2395
2. Don Rosetti .2454
3. Tony Boyer .2480
4. Bart Sauter .2550
5. Ralph Stewart .2575

LV 100:
1. Larry Costa .2056
2. Billy Stevens .2250
3. Harley Baker .2258
4. Wayne Campbell .2258
5. Buddy Ross .2390

Small Group Lowell Hottenstein .105

LV 200:
1. Ralph Stewart .1489 (Potential NBRSA World Record)
2. Lowell Hottenstein .1681
3. Joe Krupa .1801
4. Don Rosetti .2115
5. Harley Baker .2218

Small Group Ralph Stewart .184

LV Grand:
1. Lowell Hottenstein .2062
2. Ralph Stewart .2110
3. Joe Krupa .2126
4. Harley Baker .2238
5. Billy Stevens .2304

Two-Gun:
1. Lowell Hottenstein .2326
2. Ralph Stewart .2342
3. Larry Costa .2350
4. Harley Baker .2428
5. Joe Krupa .2461
6. Tony Boyer .2494
7. Don Rosetti .2513
8. Bart Sauter .2590
9. Andy Shifflett .2675
10. Billy Stevens .2687

Very Interesting weekend. As a World Team qualifier the match was well attended with 92 participants. Roye Lecomby and the Fairchance team did an outstanding job; including "three squares" every day. (As Jack Neary says every year at Kane "... if you feed them, they will come".) There were competitors from states as far away as California, Oregon, North Dakaota, Florida, Texas, Alabama, Vermont, and points in between.

On Friday Jack put on a Benchrest Clinic that was very well received. Over the remainder of the weekend Lowell Hottenstein put on a clinic on how to actually shoot. (Jack was unable to participate due to a family committment.) Lowell fended off consistent shooting by Larry Costa, Harley Baker, Toney Boyer, Andy Shifflett, Wayne, Bart and Billy and a slew of others, as well as a World Record performance by new shooter Rabon (Ralph) Stewart.

On Saturday we approached 90 degrees and the conditions were sunny with switchy winds. On Sunday there was rain most of the day with temperatures around 70 degrees and light to moderate winds.

Sunday morning was very “shootable” with Ralph Stewart shooting a range-measured .1489 LV 200 aggregate; which is being submitted for world record consideration. The existing LV200 NBRSA record of .1558 was set by Gene Bukys at the 2009 NBRSA Nationals at St. Louis.

Those not attending missed a great shoot at one of the East's best benchrest ranges.

Last edited:
Great job Ralph, glad to see all the hard work paying off..

Congrats to all the winners.

I would like to thank everyone at the Fairchance Club. What a nice bunch. They go out of their way to make everyone comfortable. I would like to point out that the target crew really had their work cut out for them. I think they all have webbed feet because of Sunday. Thanks again.

I heard a rumor that Fairchance may not be holding anymore BR matchs. Sure hope this isn't true. It would be a shame to lose another range.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Hovis

Congrats

Congrats to Lowell Hottenstein on his 2 Gun win and Ralph for his LV 200 win and a potential new world record!!! Way to go!!!

Does anyone know if Ralph was shooting his Panda??? :D

Last edited:
Congratulations Ralph!

Wow! Great shooting Ralph. Looks like the hard practice and the trip paid off for you. I am happy for you. Keep up the good work.

Joe Duke

Congratulations Lowell

Nice finish !
No matter what shoot you're at,no matter who's in the lead, going into the last agg you gotta ask yourself , "Where's Lowell ?"
Joel

Fairchance

Congrats to Lowell on his 2-gun win!

I had the pleasure or agony (depending on how you look at it) of shooting beside Mr. Stewart at the cactus earlier this year. I watched him shoot a .18? at 200 yards and this past weekend he shot another .18? at 200 yards.

I dont have a clue if tuners work or not but i doubt you could talk him into taking his off anytime soon! Mr. Stewart, good luck on your goal!

Congrats to the rest of the winners!

Andy

Ralph and his shooting partner Mike Stinnott have been terrorizing the Denton area for several years routinely exchanging 1st and 2nd places at the local matches. I am glad to see that he has expanded his range. I want to just make one observation: Ralph has traveled to matches with myself and Mike at different times. At these matches Ralph did well but was not clawing at the winners trophy. He traveled to this match with Nancy, his wonderful and loving spouse. At this match he IS clawing at the two gun trophy and sets a potential world record. Lets see. That is about 22 hours back to Texas, alone in the car with Ralph, after he does this. Nancy, you deserve a nice piece of jewelry. Sapphires would look lovely on you. Tim

WHO/WHOM is Ralph Stewart?

He is a Texas shooter from the DFW area WHOM you will get to know well if you ever shoot against him!

Back