lost hbr rifle

HI GUYS! I need some help to get a rifle back for a friend.His name is Greg Tannel of Gre Tan Rifles.He sent his HBR to a guy named Bob Scoville about 3 yrs ago to get a new stock installed .The guy wont return phone calls.Greg prepaid for the new stock,and he just would like to get his rifle back.Anybody know anything about where this guy is.

This strikes me as a strange post; a borderline infraction. I can't imagine Greg Tannel needing any help, at least this sort of help; BIBs happens to be the trademark of an Iowa bullet maker; and while he's had some health problems, Bob Scoville is a reputable man.

If you want help of this nature from this forum, don't post to the "guys," but make contact with Wilbur directly, through his email.

Last edited:
bibsmachine

thanks for the help. I have a gun shop and it is Bibs machine not BIB.I do know RandY Robbinette and i have done some business with him.Also Greg does not have the time to get on the internet so i told him that i would try to help him.

Sorry! Charles E. I was not trying to say anything bad about his reputation ,just trying to see if anybody could help us get in touch of him.

No problem. One of the rules on BR Central is no trashing of suppliers (us hobbyists can trash each other as long as we are more or less civil about it). On the plus side, Wilbur has offered a certain amount of help when people have issues with suppliers.

On balance, I think this fair. In my work-a-day world, I too am a supplier (typesetter), and have occasionally seen professionals trashed by those who don't know what they are talking about. Problem is, in such a situation, a certain amount of damage has already been done.

BTW, I'm on a one-man crusade to point out that Randy's last name doesn't have a final "e" -- it is Robinett.

Sorry! Charles E. I was not trying to say anything bad about his reputation ,just trying to see if anybody could help us get in touch of him.

I'm curious what your connection is to Greg Tannel? I just received email from Greg secretary last week regarding my 2 rifles Greg has had since December that are still 2 months out. I can't imagine he could post the request himself.

ML

Back