Looking for some 222 1/2 cases

I'm on the search for some 222 1/2 cases from which to have a reamer based. Will pay for cases and of course shipping. Thanks, Tim J

Here is a thought -- since you need a reamer, I'd bet you're starting from scratch. One of the reamer makers will have a print -- PTG for sure -- you & he can work off that. I'd base the case around a .223, since .222 magnum brass can be a bit hard to find.

I'm helping older fellow who is a real good friend. He wants to " relive old" times with modern stuff. He's thinking 223 lapua cases could be used.
Tim J.

.204 is just .222 mag necked down to .20 cal. I have already used it in my original 6X47. expanded it out to 6mm and fire formed it to a 6X47T

Tim J

The 222 1/2 is a wildcat. There are no standard dimensions so any cases that someone sends you will be whatever that particular shooter and/or reamer grinder thought it should look like.

So, take Charles' advice. Contact your favorite grinder. He will probably have more than one reamer print in his files. Tell him to pick the one that he thinks is best and make you one.

Advice - if you stick with one that has the same shoulder and neck dimensions as a 222R, you won't have to have special dies made.

JMHO

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim
If in fact 222 1/2 is as Charles E states in his post 222 Rem Mag... I've got quite a few.
If you're looking for just a few - you can have them for postage.
Head stamp is R - P .222 Rem Mag
pm me if you are interested.
lemme know
paul

I have a old B.R. Gun from the 70s what you are calling a 222 1/2 I think one of the the pioners of this chamber was a gun smith and shooter named Art Fruend from the St. Louis area, I have several cases It is like a 222 35% shoulder with the reamer run in long, and then you use 223 brass. I think it was called the 223 Fruend If I spelled it right. I have a article written about it in a old mag. Give me a shout I will try and get you some info and casa Tim at timsplace_2006@hotmail.com

Ray- Yah I realize most 222.5's are different. That is the main reason for wanting to look at a few. Actually it because I'm terrible at trig equations. I know the body and shoulder angle (approx) that I want, but can not figure the neck and OAL TOGETHER.
Tim H.- Ill send you an email today or tomorrow. I even am debating 35% shoulder. Thanks.

Tim J.

Back