Looking for a rest top

JimReed1948

I was looking at several rest tops this past weekend at a local match. The one I liked was aluminum, the stock set on a delrin cross piece and was held in place by two smaller delrin pieces, one on each side of the stock. The person thought it was a Farley but was not sure. I looked at the Farley rest but it was not that one. I also looked at the Hoehn rest and it very similar to that. It looks like the main differences is the Hoehn has delrin balls where this other one had a delrin rod.

Any suggestions?

My opinion:

I bought a Fudd adjustable top from a friend used this Summer and installed it on my Farley. I love it! It has a very narrow bag made of some very slickery material. It will adjust from small factory made stocks to well beyond 3". Another feature is it has an indentation in the center for a Sporter to fit nicely into. I use it for everything I shoot now.

My only comment is I would like to see it be compacted in size somewhat. it doesn't ned to be as wide or long as it is.

Bloodhound, if you intent to use it in any Registered Competition check out their rules before you buy. Some require a Sand bag on top. Take Care.

Back