Looking for a place to shoot

Pete Wass

I am going to be in Florida roaming around for the rest of March and would likle to find a range with benches to use for some tuning and practicing. I am willing to pay for using the range. Can anyone hepl me out? Thanks, Pete

Is it a "walk On"?

If your near Sarasota check out Manatee Range, I here nothing but great things about it.

I appreciate your reply. I knew it was there but if it's like a lot of ranges one must be a member to shoot there or a guest. Many or most ranges are gated.

Well, I'm prepared

to go whereverf I can use a range. I am here for the rest of the month and have nothing to do but ride around and look at things; why I cast the net so big.

If you would like to take a couple of days you could come to Rachel's Glen. You'd have your choice of 20 concrete benches, under cover and you'd be the only shooter. If you like dogs you could even stay with me one night.

Manatee

Pete, Manatee has a dedicated Benchrest range out to two hundred yards. The range is open Thursday-Sunday to all comers at I believe $15 a head for all day. If you are in the Lakeland area it is about a 1 1/2 hour drive. Shoot me an e-mail and I can fill you in.

Pete, Manatee has a dedicated Benchrest range out to two hundred yards. The range is open Thursday-Sunday to all comers at I believe $15 a head for all day. If you are in the Lakeland area it is about a 1 1/2 hour drive. Shoot me an e-mail and I can fill you in.

I finally had the smarts to find the address on the IBS site and drove out there today, thanks to Tom Tom. I saw the sign with the hours listed. Also, the info you just gave me is on their Website. It's $18. per day. Thanks for your help. Pete

Pete,
MGGOA Twin Oaks Range, in Dublin Ga, has club score match this saturday, then the Shamrock next weekend, from Tampa/Bradenton area ,,,,,,,,,, about 4-4 1/2 hours drive,,,,,, nicest people in BR and a really nice range,,, complete with unseen hidden diesel powered wind fans and and a laughing wind God's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Pete,
MGGOA Twin Oaks Range, in Dublin Ga, has club score match this saturday, then the Shamrock next weekend, from Tampa/Bradenton area ,,,,,,,,,, about 4-4 1/2 hours drive,,,,,, nicest people in BR and a really nice range,,, complete with unseen hidden diesel powered wind fans and and a laughing wind God's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

I will seiously consider coming up. I have covered a lot of the State here and am honing in on where I might like to be. Thanks. Pete

Pete

A+ on what David Dumas said. If at all possible, come on up. You will enjoy shooting at Dublin. But you must do something to appease the wind gods before you get there. I have yet to figure out exactly what it takes for them to smile on you. They have to be among the most sneaky in all Benchrest.

AND if the usual guys and gals are there with the grills, you absolutely have to test the bar-b-que chicken and the peach cobbley. They have been known to make one forget their sorry shooting.!!!

Good luck with the trip. See you at Thurmont?

Wayne

Pete,
I haven't been to the titusville range BUT,,,,,,,,,,,, have shot with a few of those guys when they venture up to GA, SC and NC,,,,,,,, good people. you'll enjoy shooting with them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

I found the range

near Daytona today and will go over there tomorrow. Things are looking up. Thanks to all for the help.

Pete,

I am less than an hour from Dublin, and we have a nice little 300 yard range here in Vidalia that is about 15 minutes away. I would be happy to take you to either as my guest at any time. We also have a nice little RV park here in Vidalia, or I have space to park in my yard ;). I even have a shop where we can find a little mischief to get into :D.

Jim

Now, there's an offer

Pete,

I am less than an hour from Dublin, and we have a nice little 300 yard range here in Vidalia that is about 15 minutes away. I would be happy to take you to either as my guest at any time. We also have a nice little RV park here in Vidalia, or I have space to park in my yard ;). I even have a shop where we can find a little mischief to get into :D.

Jim

that is tough to beat. I appreciate it Jim. I am traveling in a minivan and staying in Motels. I wil see where the road leads from here. I will be picking up my co-pilot on Monday @ the Orlando Airport and then re-group. I'lll definately keep your offer in mind. Thanks.

I did go to shoot in Daytona today. Interesting place, mostly Ammo burners there from what I saw. I fireformed 90 cases and left. Nice fellow running things there and a first class facility. The range is baffled and tricky I think. I didn't put flags out but I could see the results on the paper.

Back