Looking for a new bench box?

Paal_erik

www.pej.no
Need advice

Today i am using a Viper 18" 2 drawer tool box on the bench for reloading. And the Viper is heavy weight = 23,5 pound (empty)
Its only for the stuff i need on my bench...
https://www.jottacloud.com/share/99dbrnuaam65

So what i am after is a light weight box to have on the bench for reloading only
Any suggestions?
Please advice.

- Rifle in a Storm iM3200
- Flag/stands have a separate case
- Frontrest and rear bag own case

Need advice

Today i am using a Viper 18" 2 drawer tool box on the bench for reloading. And the Viper is heavy weight = 23,5 pound (empty)
Its only for the stuff i need on my bench...
https://www.jottacloud.com/share/99dbrnuaam65

So what i am after is a light weight box to have on the bench for reloading only
Any suggestions?
Please advice.

- Rifle in a Storm iM3200
- Flag/stands have a separate case
- Frontrest and rear bag own case

Pelican 1637

Boyd Allen helped me set up one of my old leather Jeppesen Flight Chart cases as a carry all for the necessities to reload at the bench in a small light package. I don't have it where I am at the moment or I would post some pictures, but maybe Boyd can post them.

I have seen Harley Baker's rig at the Cherry Ridge Bench Rest Clinic and it is a nice set up, but I think it is probably very heavy. Maybe he will post some pictures.

Bob

AUGHH, my back!

I have always used a Sear's Craftsman two or three drawer tool chest. They are easy to find, cheap and fairly light weight. If you need a lighter box, plastic might work. Look at Plano drawer tackle boxes. They are more expensive but very sturdy. You might try e-bay or craig's list and find used boxes cheaper.

anotyer commet

Don't forget to line the drawers abd drawer walls with cork so you don't get pink paint on your instruments, etc.
If it weighs under 50 lbs loaded you don't have enough stuff.
Centerfire

I personally use the below shooting bag and I got back in 2006 and it is the large one from Brownells. I have everything that I need from powder, powder measure stand, spotting scope and stand and everything one could try to imagine in between. On one end is a screw driver set and vernier and the other staple and the staples. The two inside large pockets have sheep wool lining along with zippers and the two outside pockets also have zippers but are not lined. I cannot even begin to share everything that is inside of the interior pockets but everything that I need is easily separated, protected and stored inside. The bag was also around 200.00 at the time and it was actually a prize won at a national event. It is also the large signature series and not the smaller one for around 133.00 and I could not have wanted or needed to have more room. It has seen and taken allot use over the past 14 years and all the zippers still work and the stitching has yet to come apart. It is a very rugged and extremely well made bag and I would buy another should the need ever arise.

Last edited:
Back