Looking for a benchrest stock for an Anschutz 54

Hello,

I hope this is a good place for this question. I have looked on the classified side and have not seen a usable product.

I have acquired two Anschutz used rifles that need new stocks. I have one match 54 and another super match 54 barreled action. Both actions have the Anschutz triggers. Do you know where I could obtain some? If so, please send me an email nothome@gate.net
Thank you, Dale

Dale: Anschutz makes a BR50 stock that is available from most Anschutz dealers, such as Champions Choice. Kelbly sells a very nice fiberglass bench rest stock for the A54 action. Either may be acceptable to you. bob

Goffstown? I know Goffstown. In fact, my wife and I lived about 1/2 mile off the center out on North Mast Rd. for just under a year back in the early '70's, and my relatives have owned a camp on the back side of Gorham Pond over in Dunbarton for about 55 years. Small world Dale, isn't it.

Another source might be Don Stith as he has stocks for just about anything.

Dave Shattuck

I have a Stith stock (walnut) and a Kelbly LV. I like them both. The Stith tracks better and I like the balance, but the glass stock seems to shoot slightly better. I suspect if I went back and rebedded the Stith in a manner similar to the Kelbly there would be little difference. I also bought a closeout unbedded 54 pattern LV from McMillan, but I used it with a bedding plate for a centerfire LV rifle.

Stith is very reasonable and the inletting is very close and easy to bed. I picked up the Kelbly and McMillan through manufacturer's closeouts and distributors overstock. I won't say how much because they were incredibly cheap.

Thanks for the referrals guys
I emailed him but have not heard back
Please let me know if you did not get the emai
Donl

Back