Loaned my receiver truing jig out and it hasn't been returned

Coach,

Sounds like someone owes you a replacement unit or a replacement cost, the right thing to do. Simple enough in my books.

Update on my brass sieves. They were loaned out in 2008. That person loaned them to another person. The person that had them last said they were given to him. He said he mailed them to me in 2014. I realize I'm out in the country, but the Pony Express quit doing service maybe 10 years ago? I asked the feller about tracking number. Said he didn't get one.
Oh well, $300+ is down the ter.

Butch, did I return your terrific rim-rebating tool? I hope so - and I hope I thanked you! I was embarrassed when you had to ask me to return it . . .:eek: I was, in no rush with that project (rebating 7mm Dakota), as I was awaiting delivery of the bullet dies, and let your, "no rush" get away from me.:p You're lucky fellow - at least, you can remember you loaned stuff out!;)

Are you at liberty to say who ground it for you? The "single cut" process is so much better/faster than the tool I ground: mine requires two steps. :(:p RG

Last edited:
85DB694C-82A6-472F-ABA2-1E717BBB28E4.jpg85DB694C-82A6-472F-ABA2-1E717BBB28E4.jpg

I have since changed my truing fixture since my last post above. i didnt like the idea of truing a surface so far away from the spindle bearings. i also dont like jacking the action receiver rings against each other. remington actions bend very easily.
with the fixture i now use all my jacking bolts are clocked right on the areas to be machined and the back of the action floats stress free inside the spindle. works great!!!! Lee

Last edited:
Butch Lambort

Can you make the sleeve out of aluminum or do they need to be steel?

Back