load data needed 6.5 x 47

N

nipper

my gunsmith called and my new build is ready, i am using berger 130 grain bullets, remington primers, lapua brass and reloader 15 powder--really ready to load and shoot some with my nephew, he is about as excited as i am, thanks...

i used 37.5 and also 37.3 grains of reloader 15 and got great results today at least now i have some fire formed brass and can get one made to be able to check col 100% accurate, i made a couple dummy rounds till i could close the bolt but still not good enough...thinking 30 grains is going to be the ticket....

i just got a list of data via berger from sinclair international and it has several different powders using their 140, 130 and 120 grain bullets. reloader 15 its ok so far but still working loads..

bill

if anyone wants the load data from berger via sinclair e-mail me at srlutc@aol.com and i will foward it to you, i think it lists at least 6 different powders for 6.5 x 47

bill

for those who might not have excel installed i figured out how to save the document into microsoft word

i loaded some with rl-17 and shot them yesterday used 40.0 grains and 41 grains, next try will be where you said start, groups here were not good, the best so far is imr 4350 at 37 grains group measured .408 with 6 shots, i am going to tweek this load and see what happens , 130 grain berger vld hunting bullets also.

I am using 40+ a little of 4350 in a 30 inch 8 twist this recipe has given me the best results with berger 130s in my 6.5x47 lapua.

Rick

Back