Libby's Traveling Circus

J

Jeff Welker

Over the past couple of years I've noticed more loading trailers showing up to matches. They seem very convenient and appear to make loading at the shoots more enjoyable - especially at ranges where the loading areas are either subject to the elements or there simply isn't enough space for everyone to load at the limited number of tables.

Tom and Carolyn Libby have a new trailer that lets them both load and reside at matches. While it certainly isn't the first I've seen, it is very nice. As more folks look to get into the loading trailers and also want to save a few pesos on motel rooms, here is a way to accomplish both and stay at the range. I travel 50 miles one way to Ben Avery (my home range) for matches. I would love to have one of these units to save me the travel time going back and forth each day.

It was quite cold at our last match and the Libby's could load in complete comfort while watching a little football on the TV - nice!

Here are a few photos of the Libby's setup -enjoy.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

As you can see on the back of Libby's trailer, he is always promoting the sport of benchrest and the NBRSA.

There are a few problems

I have beed traveling in a Motor Home for about 9 years. Trust me, you have to re-coup a LOT of hotel room fees to justify the purchace of a Motor Home or a upper end Trailer.

That, and we have three ranges in our Region that simply do not have much room. If you can't actually stay at the range, what's the point.

Of course, we use ours for more than just Shooting Matches.

I envy Tom. I wish I could get my Wife interested in shooting with me........jackie

I have beed traveling in a Motor Home for about 9 years. Trust me, you have to re-coup a LOT of hotel room fees to justify the purchace of a Motor Home or a upper end Trailer....jackie

Hey, I was trying out my rationale to see if I can sell it to the wife. I need your support Jackie, not taking sides with my better half. ;)

Actually, I am finishing a home remodel and my wife wanted me to build a detached "man cave" in the rear yard for my outdoor toys (i.e. reloading & gun room). I've been doing some cost comparisons and the trailer is cheaper. I can use it at home (parked in the back and plugged into the power), take it to the matches and hunting - now we're talking.

Jackie,
Small correction....Tom shoots with Carolyn. She just lets him win once in a while so he won't loose interest.;)

Just what I had in mind-

Maybe on a little smaller scale. All he needs to do now is to mount a camera towards the firing line with a nice zoom lens to watch targets, or scandalous dressed women in the parking lot at the Carefree Highway shopping plaza across the Freeway. In this case it might be Carolyn watching Tom coming from the firing line... ;)

-MP

Hey Jeff, you forgot to mention the cool blacklights Tom has under his trailer so he can find it in the parking lot in the dark!:D

Boy, that Roscoe Lipshiz knows how to live ! :D

Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Stealth" means that little...........

Pooder sneakin' along th' couch an nippin' a piece of steak while somebody stops to make a point in the conversation!! Pay attention, Hear?? :D:D Don't stop in mid-chomp to ask, "Wuh'd you say??" Gone!!

Red Press

Not intending to highjack the thread, but.
Noticed the red press in the background in pic #5. Since I'm pretty new to the Benchrest reloading equipment, I was wondering who manufactures the red press. Obviously designed for the shorter Benchrest cartridges.
Thanks for any info.
Beck to the thread, WAY cool way to go to any outdoor shooting facility!

Atimmons:

The RED Press was designed and built by Bob Dodd, I do not think he makes them anymore, but Brunos did a knock off of them and may have one in stock, you will have to check with them at Bruno's Shooting supply.

AS for RVing: Carolyn and I have had a verity of RV's over the years and we have really enjoyed all of them. This trailer has I believe been the best one for loading in for us. It is the right size and is comfortable as well. I had to find a trailer that was light weight as I have a F150 5.4 Ford that can tow about 8000 lbs and the trailer is 7000 lbs. It is 25 feet long and has a generator and A/C. I would have bought the 5th wheel they had in the same style but it was 30+ feet and I could not tow it with my truck.

So far we have had a great open house with a lot of the shooters coming into the trailer to sit and talk about who we don't like as soon as they leave the trailer.

Thanks Jeff for posting it. Not nessesary but nice.

Back