Leupold Threaded Lens Covers for Competition Models

Randy Jarvais

I just picked up a used Leupold Competition 45x45 but it didn't come with the threaded lens covers. I am not sure it ever did but I would like to find some to buy. Does anyone know what number lens covers I need for the objective and eyepiece? I did send off an email to Leupold tonight but thought maybe someone here would know just in case. Thanks, Randy J.

I just ordered one from Midway. Should be here tomorrow. Just do a search for leupold 45mm sunshade, or use item number 204130 and you will be good to go.

Ken

Delaware-did you order a sun shade or threaded lens covers? or are saying to buy a sun shade to get the lens cover because they come together? Randy J.

Woops, I need to clean my glasses. I thought you were looking for the sun shade.

Sorry, Ken

I just picked up a used Leupold Competition 45x45 but it didn't come with the threaded lens covers. I am not sure it ever did but I would like to find some to buy. Does anyone know what number lens covers I need for the objective and eyepiece? I did send off an email to Leupold tonight but thought maybe someone here would know just in case. Thanks, Randy J.

Randy,
I had this same issue. If you look on the Leupold website, there are no 45mm lens covers to be ordered. I called and they sent the caps free of charge. How's that for service?

Cheers,
Keith

The very early LCS scopes weren't threaded for a rear cover nor did they come with covers, the front was threaded but that was for a sun shade.

How they got threaded in the rear only a few of us who know Tom Fruechtel know.

What letter does your LCS have in the s/n?

They include them with current scopes now. Ask for them and as said they probably will send them to you. There used to be some really nice leather caps avaialble...I have 2 sets. Much preferred to the screw type, cross threading, dropping etc. jmho. --greg

Randy,
I had this same issue. If you look on the Leupold website, there are no 45mm lens covers to be ordered. I called and they sent the caps free of charge. How's that for service?

Cheers,
Keith

I have learned that my scope is one of the earlier ones that don't have threads for caps. It has a J as the letter in the serial number. Thanks for the replies. The seller did send along a rubber pair of covers for it, which obviously he didn't have to do, but much appreciated and nice of him. Randy J.

The custom shop offers re-threading for Alumina flip-up covers. Reasonable price, and they've done a great job with it for me a couple times.

Jason Coye makes some really nice leather covers.
I met Jason at the Super Shot. He did a custom fit. He does a really good job.
Look real nice. And easy to get on and off.
PM sent.

Back