Lets see your reloading room/shop setup...

Lots of great setups and good ideas here. I picked up a bunch of kitchen cabinets and will slowly utilize them over the winter. Will report back with updated pics.

Fitch,
Your bench design is the one from the National Reloader's Association plans. I built one, too, many years ago, down to the sliding doors and drop door on the bench top portion. It's held up very well, including surviving one move. That lower shelf area under the bench can hold a huge amount of weight. If you're looking for a good bench design, this one is hard to beat - and you can get their plans for free.
Don

You are right, those are the plans I used. The bench works very well. Having the scale at eye level works great.

I built it as 4 subassemblies plus the back panel that are bolted together. I did it that way so it can be disassembled for transport if that ever becomes necessary. The top is one subassembly. The shelf is another subassembly. The two end panesl are subassemblies. All those bolt together, then the back panel screws on. The thing is really rigid.

I bought the material and tracks for the sliding doors but left the sliding doors off as you can see so everything would be in plain sight. I have a couple of bookcases full of "stuff" on another wall.

Fitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Hombre0321,

Like the addition of the TV. No need to go inside. (except for food) LOL.

Tim

Making some progress. When finished, the entire bench will be U shaped with one side will be like a peninsula so I can work on both sides. Once I progress more, I will take quality pics. View attachment 12036

I had 3 young boys when I built this in a long enclosed closet in my basement. This way I was able to keep it locked. Boys will be boys. Now I am used to being cramped so I have not moved it to a more comfortable space.

GT40

Attachments

• XL-650 .jpg
    XL-650 .jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 803
room-2.jpg

reload1.jpg

rifle-pistolreloading2.jpg

shotgunreloading2.jpg

My god rembrant, thats better than my house.

My reloading area looks like a scene from Silent Hill !

Very nice guys. One thing i just will never understand though, is why some guys let there loading rooms get so messy. This stuff cost to darn much not to know were something is or even what you have, or dont have. Maybe i am just to clean? None the less i like to keep my stuff nice and organized. Dont get me wrong, In the heat of battle things seem to get scattered, but i always pick up before going home. I will post some pics of my room this week now that i have been enjoying it for a few months now. I always liked these topics. Gives me ideas, i didnt think about. Lee

Last edited:
One thing i just will never understand though, is why some guys let there loading rooms get so messy.

Very well, we won't try to explain it to you.

One thing I will never understand is why, when trying to communicate, people aren't careful about capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. Especially punctuation, as that can change meaning.

Better paragraphing would help, too.

Was I always this way? No. When I took freshman English, we were assigned a paper on some topic or other. I got mine back with a red line drawn across the page, about 6-7 lines down, and a grade of "F." The teacher had penned a note "I refuse to read more than 3 misspelled words. Based on what I've read so far, you get an F." Made me sit up & notice than it takes more than good ideas to say something. Just look at Calfee.

Instruction on bottom of page 2:

Weld part A to part B.

Instruction on top of page 3:

But first...

I certainly hope nobody takes offense to my statement. My statement is nothing more than my observation. Everybody has one of those, little things, and mine happens to be, that i like things neat and orderly." I think my lovely wife made me this way" I have never talked down to any of the fine people here, or in this sport, and i sure in the heck don't plan to start now. That would be tasteless in my opinion. Anyway just wanted to clear that up.
Merry Christmas fellas. Enjoy your friends and families this coming week! Lee

Skeet,

That is just the way some are wired. No different than folks with messy garages, shops and leaving the farm equipment in the last field worked. Dunno, its beyond me too..
On the other hand, I am one of those that keeps a clean reloading room, garage, shop and line the field equipment up, cleaned, greased and ready to go for next time.
And I get accused of being anal, picky and selfish.. because I like to take care of my stuff...

Different strokes for different folks.... Whatever floats your boat and I sure as heck dont take any offense at your statement!!

Have a great & Merry Christmas!!

Rod in Fargo

I'm a bit more portable that youse guys

This has been my reloading room for years. The cooler doubles as a seat and night storage.

reloadingroom.jpg

Very nice guys. One thing i just will never understand though, is why some guys let there loading rooms get so messy. This stuff cost to darn much not to know were something is or even what you have, or dont have. Maybe i am just to clean? None the less i like to keep my stuff nice and organized. Dont get me wrong, In the heat of battle things seem to get scattered, but i always pick up before going home. I will post some pics of my room this week now that i have been enjoying it for a few months now. I always liked these topics. Gives me ideas, i didnt think about. Lee

No offence what so ever skeet. Im what some here would call messy...clean yet messy. I think i just get too excited when i get a new idea & i drop what ever im holding where i stand. I get the same though when i see someone light up a smoke or if they are unfit & over weight (im just on 50 & run / cycle 20 miles 5 days a week), i do ask those same questions though & its just that we are all programmed / wired differently sort of swings & round-a-bouts, its genetic. Like you say with the costs...i say the same with health, i dont understand cigs. Im still happy to have a 300lb smoker show me better reloading methods & i’ll happily help them choose a bike if they ask.

Very nice Rembrandt. Thanks for sharing!

As for a messy bench...I think we all just accumulate so much stuff which exceeds storage space. There are times that I get messy, but for the most part I try to stay neat and organized.

I'm making a little more progress. Just need to lightly sand, lay several coats of poly and make my press stands so I can get them mounted. I may add another cabinet and shelter to control clutter, lol.

Well Skeet, give it a few years :)

And, I know where everything IS,

it's just, my reloading room is just too small.

It's crammed.

As is the shop it's inside of...... I went with 70X70 under roof, 3 stories thinking I'd take a while to run out of room, NOT!

It's an addiction.

A lovely one.

al

Back