Lets see your reloading room/shop setup...

DSM

Chuck
Well, here is my temporary setup. I recently moved and will be working on a more permanent room over the winter. I have 2 kitchen demo's I will be utilizing. But for now this is what I have and its cramped!

tempbench1.jpg

tempbench2.jpg

Looks like you've got a good space to start with and that's the main thing. At our old home, space was at a premium with a growing family. So, I made a loading area under the steps leading to the basement. The backside of the stairs were made into shelves and I had a four foot long table...couldn't stand up straight because of the staircase angle, but it worked and it was a place to load. When we built a new home, there was space for a seperate gun room so here's what I built:

in1.jpg

Corner benchtops are a good way to add space:
supplycorner.jpg

There's a small lathe for making pillars, geegaws and gizmos:
gizmomaker.jpg

Another corner bench :
hunterrifle.jpg

Adding a hinged flip up counter section makes a nice place to clean, etc. w/o taking up space. I also use this to cut wire for bullet cores:
2.jpg

1-1.jpg

Bullet press on one end. The lower shelf has 3/8"nc threaded studs that go through pilot holes and are nutted on from the backside:
b1-1.jpg

I'm not going to post a picture. For one thing, I don't have a digital camera. For another, my loading rooms usually looks like what you see on the TV show Hoarders (mother-in-law watches that).

There is a reason for making this post. When I was younger, I could put my hands on any tool, bullet, powder jug, etc. Now that all too many years have passed, I can't do that anymore. Better to start young with the organizing.

Charles, mine isn't always this clean.

After some projects (like stock work) it can look like someone threw a grenade in there and shut the door....:eek: -Al

I'm not going to post a picture. For one thing, I don't have a digital camera. For another, my loading rooms usually looks like what you see on the TV show Hoarders (mother-in-law watches that).

There is a reason for making this post. When I was younger, I could put my hands on any tool, bullet, powder jug, etc. Now that all too many years have passed, I can't do that anymore. Better to start young with the organizing.

Agreed ... Ha..! Guilty of the "messy" loading room...!

But honestly, my loading room is darn near always on the move... Various ranges. Rare for me to "pre-load" even hunting (Load in the truck..!):eek:

Though like Al, my bullet making area is CLEAN and organized, not a loading area, I call it the swaging area..

Now if the EARTHQUAKES make my "loading area" MORE disorganized...:cool::p... Lincoln county Oklahoma sure been rock'n and roooooll'n.

cale

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice and neat Al! I never have a super neat area. For some reason, stuff gets added and piled up and gets cluttered. Especially when space is tight. I will have almost 300 square framed off for my shop and hope its enough for all my crap.

Post up Charles, can't be that bad!

2011-11-07 16.40.04.jpg

This is my reloading room, where i spend a lot of hours, probably more than shooting products from this room :)

Now that's an arbor press Scott..! Hehehe...

That's exactly where I put my weights too............. Haaaaaaaa.!

cale

Yup, that's one serious press especially at first glance! I'm guessing, based on handle diameter that it's hollow not one single casting???

al

OK, got it now. I have my screen set so large (to be able to read the type) that it was getting cropped out, and the slider wasn't working.

Okay "My Gun Room" as i like to call it. Bench is 14 foot long 30inch deep.

loading room 2 001.jpg

loading room 2 002.jpg

loading room 2 003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'll bite. My Reloading bench in Sept 2010 (last time it was this clean):

RL-Bench9-2010-2-RS.jpg

I don't have any pictures of my shop that show other than close up views of work being done. One of these days I'll take some.

Fitch

Here's mine, still under constuction some but workable now. I had to build this room 15' X 15' as an add on to my shop were I work on my Hot Rods, just to have a place to escape to. it has been named as the Gunny's Man Cave and that is cool with me.

RolandReloading Room 003 (Medium) (Small).jpgReloading Room 002 (Small).jpgReloading Room (Small).jpg

Fitch,
Your bench design is the one from the National Reloader's Association plans. I built one, too, many years ago, down to the sliding doors and drop door on the bench top portion. It's held up very well, including surviving one move. That lower shelf area under the bench can hold a huge amount of weight. If you're looking for a good bench design, this one is hard to beat - and you can get their plans for free.
Don

Back