Lenzi front rest?

TrxR

Anyone know how many MOA of movement this has for elevation and windage? Will it cover a complete ir50/50 Rimfire target at 50yds? The only place i can find anything is on the pma tool site but it dont have much for specs.

Thanks.

Anyone know how many MOA of movement this has for elevation and windage? Will it cover a complete ir50/50 Rimfire target at 50yds? The only place i can find anything is on the pma tool site but it dont have much for specs.

Thanks.

Well I own a Lenzi rest and I also own a Farley I have not tested the Lenzi on 50 yards but this rest has a LOT of windage and elevation built in it I would say that it would be one of the better rest for 50 yard bench rest. The Farley is way behind in this area. I would not be surprised if the Lenzi rest would cover two 50/50 targets.
Next weekend I will test this and if no one has replayed I will tell how it goes

Well I own a Lenzi rest and I also own a Farley I have not tested the Lenzi on 50 yards but this rest has a LOT of windage and elevation built in it I would say that it would be one of the better rest for 50 yard bench rest. The Farley is way behind in this area. I would not be surprised if the Lenzi rest would cover two 50/50 targets.
Next weekend I will test this and if no one has replayed I will tell how it goes

44" of travel at 50? I don't know if I can believe this.

Windage/elevation

44" of travel at 50? I don't know if I can believe this.

When I started to think about the project of this rest the huge elevation and windage was one of the aim. I wanted make a rest ready to shoot from 25 meters to 1000 yards and more. Many guys shoot with this rest at 50 and even at 25 mts is not necessary to move the base to cover the whole the target. . How many MOA? really don't know as I never measured it.
Hope this helps
Alberto

A Farley will travel more than the width of a rimfire target, what is behind?

R. Parker uses a Farley and says it will not cover an IR50 target at 50 yards without a course elevation adjustment during the target. A. Taylor uses a Seb and says it will cover an IR50 target without adjusting the setup. The IR50 target paper is 17" tall by 14" wide. My home brewed 1 piece convertible (conventional or joystick) rest has about 28" of mechanical range in both axises at 50 yards in joystick mode. The useful range is somewhat less but can easily cover the IR50 target.
#6joy.JPG

Last edited:
R. Parker uses a Farley and says it will not cover an IR50 target at 50 yards without a course elevation adjustment during the target. A. Taylor uses a Seb and says it will cover an IR50 target without adjusting the setup. The IR50 target paper is 17" tall by 14" wide. My home brewed 1 piece convertible (conventional or joystick) rest has about 28" of mechanical range in both axises at 50 yards in joystick mode. The useful range is somewhat less but can easily cover the IR50 target.
View attachment 21905

Jerry, are you still selling yours for $500.

View attachment 21905

The Farley will get most of the elevation, which frankly is moot....completely not needed nor wanted since you lose some fine motor control which I found also the case with the Seb. I took the question primarily to be about windage.
At the end of the day there is zero practical reason anyway, I’ve alway shot IR 50/50 with a Farley and if needed I’ve run targets in 4 minutes give or take.
After some 25 years, I actually broke down and bought a one piece rest for UNL and ammo testing and, you know, it’s bright and shiny.

Last edited:
LOL, I don't think I ever sold one for $500. That would cover materials. There are about 60 parts that I make for this one. Needless to say, I don't sell many. About one a year.

Lenzi rest Wintage and elevation

I did a quick test today regarding the elevation and vintage on the Lenzi rest. I just put op a measuring tape on 50 meter at our range. The site to site (windage) is max 120 cm (around 47 inc) practical would be 90-100 cm (35- 39 inc) Elevation is totally different. I have made a dolly on the joystick witch will touch the bench and make the movement a little less than having the round 8Ball that come with the rest. The max elevation movement I could get with my setup is 35 cm or close to 14 Inc (Remember this is at 50 meters ) A 50 meter Benchrest rim fire target is 11x17 inc. So I would say that the Lenzi rest will cover the 50 meter target
A 50 meter official target is A3 size or 11,7x16,5 inc

Hope this helps

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 19.35.31.jpg
20181102_204350_resized.jpg

Back