Lemme ax y'all a question.

MColeman

Club Coordinator
In the past we (Rachel's Glen) have offered a food package. For many years it included a Friday evening fish fry with lunch on Saturday and Sunday. We offered this for $20 but only offered lunch for two days for the past two shoots. The lunch 'package' was $10.

My question to the shooters who come to Rachel's Glen is this: Is the lunch package worth it to you or is it just more work for us and y'all would be just as happy snacking on stuff that you brought for the two days. We surely ain't socking money away from these lunches and if they are not a help to y'all we will probably quit offering them. I'd say that less than half the shooters take advantage of them anyway. Please let me know what you guys want and we'll try to accommodate you.

Mickey --

If I'm going to a one-day shoot (leave home & get back home in the same day), I try to carry my lunch. If it is a 2-day match & a motel is involved, it is real nice to have lunch available at the range. I suppose if you have a motor home, you don't need that.

So maybe it comes down to how many "motel shooters" you have?

P.S., If you can move that last match to October, I hope to make it.

Mickey --

If I'm going to a one-day shoot (leave home & get back home in the same day), I try to carry my lunch. If it is a 2-day match & a motel is involved, it is real nice to have lunch available at the range. I suppose if you have a motor home, you don't need that.

So maybe it comes down to how many "motel shooters" you have?

P.S., If you can move that last match to October, I hope to make it.
Probably more than half are motel shooters. I guess we'll continue to have hot dogs and barbecue sandwiches for lunch. It makes it easier on some shooters.

match lunches

Mickey, I'd say make it easier on yourself and suspend the meals. If you see that folks are missing them and you get a lot of comments, you can always start back up.

If'n we know-----

that that thar wont be any food there we-uns can always bring a baked sweet tater in a syrup bucket.That'll get us by till supper

Mickey, I agree with Jerry, us motel shooters can always pick something up in the metropolis of Greenville to get by. Usually I am so sick of my shooting that I am not hungry anyway. :)

match meals

Well said Jerry. I like it when a man gets it down where the goats feed.

Mickey,
I like having a hot lunch available, but if it's a bunch of trouble for you I could bring something. The main thing is knowing the situation in advance so I can plan.

Our Sporting Clays Club had to deal with the same problem during their monthly registered shoots...with match attendance dwindling we were loosing money on providing a meal at noon for a one day shoot, so we made an offer to a locally owned fast food restuarant to come out and cook and serve on sight..we did not ask for a cut of their income, and could gaurantee they would have no competition for the customers...It has worked well..we no longer charge the meal fee with the shoot fee..and most shooters like the option of having a menu to choose from. and they can eat as much or little as they wish to pay for...Usually a propane grill and serving bar is all the vendor needs to make things like burgers, philly steak sandwitch, or whatever..sometimes they bring pre-cooked items like chopped barbeque..etc..

There's an idea. There's a good barbecue place in town that may be interested and another eating place that may want to do it. I'll check.

Thanks. I think I'll give up on the lunch.

October or September

Mickey, in April it was convenient to have lunch at the range.

Isn't the next match in September and not October

Will be there,

John

Mickey, in April it was convenient to have lunch at the range.

Isn't the next match in September and not October

Will be there,

John
Nope. The match has been changed to the last weekend in October. It will be cooler then and we have always had our matches in October. September was a consideration of the Nationals this year but the last weekend in October is better. Your jacket is waiting on you.

Reservation changed

Thanks for the update and jacket note. I will see you in October.

John

Back