Left the Range - Dick Wright

rdub731@hotmail

It is with a heavy heart to make you aware that a good friend to all shooters, Dick Wright, passed away yesterday afternoon after a short fight with complications of cancer. Dick will be remembered for many things, all of them good, including being a champion of a great sport and introducing many of us to the challenge of competitive precision shooting. And some of us to other things like single malt scotch, good cigars, custom deer rifles, and European sports cars. Dick's family is in the process of making final arrangements with Stocking Funeral Home in Harrison, MI ( https://stockingfuneralhome.com ) with a memorial to be announced in the future.
Dick will be missed

I always enjoyed Dick's articles in Precision Shooting...he was a heckuva writer.

Now he and The Child Bride are together again.

We are diminished.
Justin

My heart is very heavy as I receive this news. The ten years that I wrote for Precision Shooting would not have been possible without Dick Wright. He introduced me to Dave Brennan and helped me get started. Not only am I diminished by his passing, but the entire shooting community is. Rest in peace friend. James Mock

Dick was a friend for many years. We shared an interest in BR, wood stocked custom rifles, and cars.
I will miss our emails and the camaraderie.
RIP Dick

So sad to hear this. I am one of those people that Dick lured into this sport. Shooting at Harrison won't be the same.
RIP Dick.
Joe Hynes

Dick was very encouraging when I wanted to start writing articles. Unfortunately, "Precision Shooting" folded as I was getting the first one together. I wish I could have known him better, because he just exuded both friendliness and shooting knowledge. People like him are what makes the shooting sports great.

Like most others, my introduction to Dick came through his articles in Precision Shooting. I met Dick in 2010 at Holton, Mi. when Randy Robinett and I traveled there for the IBS Score Championships. By that time, I had written a few articles for Precision Shooting. Dick made his way over to where we were loading, introduced himself and said: "Ive read your stuff. You're not the worst writer Brennan ever had". He gave me a big smile and a couple of pats on the back. Good stuff, for sure.

The World is a better place for Dick Wright's having been here. -Al

I first met Dick at the Tulsa Gun Show, in the mid-1990's. I enjoyed talking with him there, and in later years.

RIP......a good guy!

Kevin

Like most others, my introduction to Dick came through his articles in Precision Shooting. I met Dick in 2010 at Holton, Mi. when Randy Robinett and I traveled there for the IBS Score Championships. By that time, I had written a few articles for Precision Shooting. Dick made his way over to where we were loading, introduced himself and said: "Ive read your stuff. You're not the worst writer Brennan ever had". He gave me a big smile and a couple of pats on the back. Good stuff, for sure.

The World is a better place for Dick Wright's having been here. -Al

I just read his write up of the 1992 Super shoot in his memory. I recall reading in the early 2000's old PS and thinking I really wanted a rifle like Fugly. Never met the man, but felt like I knew him. Where has all the time gone?

rest in peace Mr. Wright

Back