Lederer Barrels

Nice group.

Can't wait for my Lederer barreled mid range sling prone gun in 30-30 to shoot the Berger 168 Hybrids.

Ya'll can guess who is doing the project.

Next, are you setting the 30-30 to headspace off of the rim or shoulder?

Jackie,

I'll be using the same method on his as I do on mine. I will headspace on both rim and shoulder. I have attached my last eight shot group from my LV 30-30. Unlike Lee's group, there was no wind at all.

I forgot to mention, this is my first Lederer barrel that fired this group.

Michael

Attachments

• 30-30 group.jpg
    30-30 group.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I heard about this post and your group from James Lederer. When he told me this past Thursday, I was standing in his shop in Wisconsin. After spending from 9:00AM until midnight with him, making and lapping barrels, all I can say is I learned a lot. More than anything, I learned that James is extremely serious about the details. Probably 80 percent of the stuff that leaves other manufactures, would never make it out of his shop.

Michael

And how cool is that?! I would kill to be able to spend time in a shop like James'. Michael...you are a fortunate man.

Justin

I'm gonna try mine again

Jackie,

I'll be using the same method on his as I do on mine. I will headspace on both rim and shoulder. I have attached my last eight shot group from my LV 30-30. Unlike Lee's group, there was no wind at all.

Michael

When I get home, I'm going to try my 30-30 again. I didn't spend a lot of time with it when I tried it before.

Pete

When I get home, I'm going to try my 30-30 again. I didn't spend a lot of time with it when I tried it before.

Pete

Pete,

Didn't you say that you might have a chamber or barrel problem? I seem to remember something about you not being satisfied with the gunsmith. I do remember you having a problem with the trim length, and the gun shooting better after trimming, but still other concerns.

Michael

Im too old

Pete,

Didn't you say that you might have a chamber or barrel problem? I seem to remember something about you not being satisfied with the gunsmith. I do remember you having a problem with the trim length, and the gun shooting better after trimming, but still other concerns.

Michael

to have that kind of memory Michael. When I get home I will re-assess what I have and be in a better spot to make a judgment. Only 3 more months! As I recall, I don't think I had a case problem but accuracy was lacking, as I recall but i didn't put a lot of time into it. Perhaps I was expecting too much, too soon!

Pete

to have that kind of memory Michael. When I get home I will re-assess what I have and be in a better spot to make a judgment. Only 3 more months! As I recall, I don't think I had a case problem but accuracy was lacking, as I recall but i didn't put a lot of time into it. Perhaps I was expecting too much, too soon!

Pete

Pete,

I understand the memory thing. I decided to take a look at the messages you sent me concerning your 30-30. I have copied and pasted what you said to me below.

"I had an inexperienced guy do the barrel and while it seemed to have been done right, a 30 BR barrel he did at the same time doesn't shoot up to my expectations either. That one is a Krieger and , to me, looks like it was not lapped. It is very rough inside. I didn't look in it before I sent it to him".

Michael

Back