Lederer Barrels

Lee Martin

Michael Turner had a thread going on Lederers, but it appears to have been archived. Finally got around to shooting one of the blanks I bought from him. Damn fine shooting barrel and talk about well lapped. I scoped it and it's one of the best finished bores I've seen. Shoots really tight too. I developed loads in high wind and found a couple of nodes that held up well (tuner off the gun). Here's a five shot target laid down in 15 - 20 mph push.

30_Stingray_18.jpg

Four went in a nice round hole and one walked a hair high (probably my work, or lack thereof, on the flags).

The gun:

Backup_30_Stingray_1.jpg

Cartridge - .30 Stingray
Bullet - 114 gr Martin
Charge - 33.0 LT-30
Seating - jam minus 0.010"
Action – BAT DS
Trigger – Bix N Andy
Barrel – HV Lederer 18 twist, 4 groove, finished 23”.
Chamber – .30 Stingray, 0.331” neck
Stock – Dixie
Rings – Harrells
Scope – March 50X, fine cross hair reticle with 3/32 dot
Tuner – Bukys TSI

-Lee
www.singelactions.com

Last edited:
Nice shooting equipment right there Lee, do you keep all your guns in Pedestals, they do make nice looking ornaments, Beautiful Display of artwork

- gabe

Last edited:
I will be receiving my first Lederer barrel next week and I am looking forward to shooting it in our 600 yard matches. It is a 8 twist HV and I will have it chambered to the 6 BRA. I first met James Lederer at the Super Shoot about 15 years ago. He was working for Mike Rock at that time. It seems that he has learned his craft VERY well. Below is a picture of James taken at the SS. Good shooting......James

Attachments

• PTDC0052 (2).JPG
    PTDC0052 (2).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 370
Nice group...nice rifle...and nice camera! The pics are really good. What kind of camera are you using?

Lee

I heard about this post and your group from James Lederer. When he told me this past Thursday, I was standing in his shop in Wisconsin. After spending from 9:00AM until midnight with him, making and lapping barrels, all I can say is I learned a lot. More than anything, I learned that James is extremely serious about the details. Probably 80 percent of the stuff that leaves other manufactures, would never make it out of his shop.

Michael

Glad you got to see them being made Michael. I recently installed the tuner and centered the node. The gun still dots.

And like I said, the above group was done in big wind. After 3 sighters, I put clicks into the scope and shot fast on one condition. The barrel kept sticking them same hole. I'm very impressed with James' work.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Back