Leblonde 13 x 40 for barrel work?

O

Onelongshot

Have an opportunity to buy one for 3k with some tooling and 3 and 4 jaw chuck. 1hp motor.

Do any of you have one, or experience with one.

Thanks for your responses and having me on this forum!

It is the regal version. The guy said it has a 1 1/8" hole through the head stock. I didn't measure it, but it could have been one inch by the looks of it. It is an early model 1930-44 according to the above website.
It also comes with a quick change tool post. The ways are in less than great shape, but not bad. I didn't see any sign of broken teeth in the gear box. I took some pics, but need to figure out how to post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO 1 1/8" is not large enough. My lathe is 1.4" and it's barely enough as many barrels I work on are up to 1.25". Unless you know you will only work on barrels less than 1 1/8" I would pass on this one.
Dave

It is the regal version. The guy said it has a 1 1/8" hole through the head stock. I didn't measure it, but it could have been one inch by the looks of it. It is an early model 1930-44 according to the above website.
It also comes with a quick change tool post. The ways are in less than great shape, but not bad. I didn't see any sign of broken teeth in the gear box. I took some pics, but need to figure out how to post them.

I would pass even if he gave it to you. The center hole will be an ongoing problem, and the thing is probably wore out.

As much as I like good, old stuff, I believe I would pass as well unless condition is exceptional and you are attracted to the machine. For BR barrels, the hole is too small. Regards, Bill.

3k, for a machine that old and a small spindle bore, at that? Not me! I'd save my pennies.

Back