Learning to dope the wind

To shoot good at 200

I’m extremely blessed by my location out here in Midland/Odessa TX. There are so many successful shooters in the area all more than willing to share their vast experiences and knowledge. These guys practice 80% of the time at 200 yards. We use a couple probes mixed in with a set of flags, (we always have winds) and every group is a mini match against each other. It’s practice, practice, practice until you have the confidence in your ability to agg as good as anyone at 200 yards.

I’m extremely blessed by my location out here in Midland/Odessa TX. There are so many successful shooters in the area all more than willing to share their vast experiences and knowledge. These guys practice 80% of the time at 200 yards. We use a couple probes mixed in with a set of flags, (we always have winds) and every group is a mini match against each other. It’s practice, practice, practice until you have the confidence in your ability to agg as good as anyone at 200 yards.

Yep... Midland is a great place to learn how to dope the wind. I will never forget, the first time I saw Midland was in 1973. Flew out there with a Co-worker Pilot in a company owned Cessna 182. We landed at the airport in some of that bad ass West Texas wind. Scared the crap out a me. Good thing I brought a change of underwear:D

My friend was suppose to be a hot shot pilot, but I never flew anywhere with him again. If you really want to test your wind doping skills, plan on attending a match at the Midland,Tx range.

Glenn

wind

Yep... Midland is a great place to learn how to dope the wind. I will never forget, the first time I saw Midland was in 1973. Flew out there with a Co-worker Pilot in a company owned Cessna 182. We landed at the airport in some of that bad ass West Texas wind. Scared the crap out a me. Good thing I brought a change of underwear:D

My friend was suppose to be a hot shot pilot, but I never flew anywhere with him again. If you really want to test your wind doping skills, plan on attending a match at the Midland,Tx range.

Glenn

Glenn, Its bad anytime you have to pack your underwear off with a stick. Doug

Back