Latest on my 40X Tincan shooter

Butch Lambert

I'm working on my 40X rimfire Tincan Killer. The receiver is a CMP receiver that escaped the electric pencil. It has a new Kiff bolt assembly. The receiver and bolt were given to me by a friend. The bolt is out for Dan Armstrong to replace the butt ugly factory handle.
2woaj4y.jpg

ezmsyr.jpg

157jfp1.jpg

Kerry Stottlemyer did the custom scope bases for Talley rings and tig welded the cutout on the tang as I'm using a Kiff 3POS safety.
I had Shilen make me a CM #3 barrel with a 4 groove ratchet rifling. It was taper lapped. Richard Gorham will do the chambering.

I am in desperate need of a nice stick of wood.
Butch

Doug,
That sounded like money was no object didn't it. If I don't find a piece I like, I will go back to Roger Vardy in Australia for another stick.
Butch

This guy just made a wood 40X stock for me and it looks good

jim peightal

Thanks Jim

You need to be more specific about what you are looking for. Bill Myers had some great Bubinga..I know there is at least one of those left. Curly white Oak and fiddleback purpleheart can be found that is beautiful. I even saw a piece of feather crotch poplar the other day that transitioned into fiddleback at the wrist. There are some wood dealers in the northwest that offer some fantastic blanks of English walnut and tortoise shell maple. It is only money

Hi Butch.

Contact Roger, as he has just 'aquired' quite a bit of nice walnut, from an auction of Geoff Slee's(RIP) business........

Darren

Hi Butch.

Contact Roger, as he has just 'aquired' quite a bit of nice walnut, from an auction of Geoff Slee's(RIP) business........

Darren
Don,
I'm looking for english. I am wanting a hunting style stock as I will be hunting Tincans. I will want an ebony tip and a cheek piece.
I need to email Roger. He has furnished me with 4 blanks so far and the stockmakers love it. I didn't know that Geoff had passed away.
Butch

I'm working on my 40X rimfire Tincan Killer. The receiver is a CMP receiver that escaped the electric pencil. It has a new Kiff bolt assembly. The receiver and bolt were given to me by a friend. The bolt is out for Dan Armstrong to replace the butt ugly factory handle.
2woaj4y.jpg

ezmsyr.jpg

157jfp1.jpg

Kerry Stottlemyer did the custom scope bases for Talley rings and tig welded the cutout on the tang as I'm using a Kiff 3POS safety.
I had Shilen make me a CM #3 barrel with a 4 groove ratchet rifling. It was taper lapped. Richard Gorham will do the chambering.

I am in desperate need of a nice stick of wood.
Butch

Most people over here just use a cut off broom stick with a nail in the end to hunt them cans. Sounds like ya'll got some bad cans over around Poetry.

Back