Last attempt at "Shooter" balllistic software

Wm Cook

I have on an off and on success with setting the scope zero to a specific yardage using "Shooter" ballistic software. Per the manual if I go to the "Ammo", then edit the profile of that ammunition and enter the "Zero Range" to be 200 yards. When I "Calculate" I expect the calculated U or D at 200 yards to be zero.

But (at this time) regardless what I set the zero at it to it defaults to zero scope zero at 0 yards and the Up or Down at 200 yards reference to be 2.1 clicks down. Am I stupid or what. I swear this is ghost problem as in the past week I seemed to be able to get it right and then the next time not. Sigh....... Thanks, Bill.

Bill, I just checked, and mine appears to working properly. I'm not that used to this software yet, but maybe it has something to do with that "lock in sights for zero range" setting? I would also make sure you are running the most current version, and then maybe uninstall the program, and reinstall. Just a thought.

Pappy

Thanks. I checked to see if there was an update but none was available. I am still digging through this and hope I see some daylight. Heck all we need is an approximate point of impact at x distance then chart my own ballistic chart. And I've given Applied Ballistics a hard look and if things don't improve soon I'll convert. Thanks for the first tips. Isn't it like computer software. If you follow the right path your OK and if you make one false move to the right or left it leaves you in ashes. Sort of like shooting bench rest. You put 4 down in a 2 to 7 condition and on that fifth shot it switches and you shoot in a 11 to 5 condition and you blow it. Is there anyone out there that thinks that computers made our lives easier. Well, maybe. Without that I wouldn't have any place to ask dumb questions like this. Thanks, Bill.

Ballistic Software

This software https://www.hawkeoptics.com/x-act.html works very well for me. Best of all, it's free and it runs on a PC or a mobile phone Android app. Just search.

OK, one has to input projectile data, but that's a given so give it a try as it will get you on the paper within a few clicks (Well they don't know how long your barrel is!)

* doghunter *

Check to see what your zeroing conditions are and ‘current’ conditions, primarily altitude. Shooter allows you to zero in one set of conditions and then get an accurate trajectory table for another set of conditions.

Back